Central Europe-What do you know about Poland/Polish

Sander   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 16:41 GMT
No Poland is about as central as you can get...
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:09 GMT
"Kess Sunday, May 29, 2005, 16:37 GMT
I think Poland is Eastern Europe and not Central Europe. "

LOL Another American !!!! LOL

have a look on the map dude :)

you right sander ;)
Sander   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:16 GMT
Kess isnt American,and why did you post this? =>LOL Another American !!!! LOL

have a look on the map dude :) <=

Bit rude...
Sander   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:24 GMT
I thought Kess was a 'she'
mjd   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:24 GMT
He said that, Pierre, because during the Cold War, those countries that were under the Iron Curtain were generally referred to as "Eastern European." Pierre appears to be a little confused.

In terms of geography, yes, Poland is pretty much smack dab in the middle.
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:37 GMT
hey mjd star ! We are not discussing politics here, rather geography… Besides the cold war was over 16 YEARS ago! When you were still learning to the alphabet…

And please spare me your history /geography lesson...
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:39 GMT
>>>When you were still learning ( to )the alphabet…
Sander   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:40 GMT
Mjd 'star' is the moderator of this forum Pierre....
mjd   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:42 GMT
No, Pierre, we're talking about language here. In this case, a term rooted in Cold War politics used to describe countries in a certain location. Perhaps the Cold War is over, but language isn't logical and terms tend to stick. I wasn't learning the alphabet sixteen years ago either.

I'd spare you the lessons, but it appears you're in dire need of them.
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 17:59 GMT
What do you know about the cold war anyway? From what you’ve seen and heard on tv, after the Cold War was over ? You make me laugh!

And don’t make to many assumption “mjd star”… when it comes to culture, history and geography you’re entire nation is pretty much handicapped …And if you’re so talented in history and geography why don’t you voluntary teach your fellow Americans to spot Europe on the map? And give me a break!

Adieu !
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:02 GMT
you’re entire nation >>>your entire nation
Sander   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:03 GMT
And I suppose the French do much better?
mjd   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:08 GMT
Pierre said: "What do you know about the cold war anyway? From what you’ve seen and heard on tv, after the Cold War was over ? You make me laugh!"

Pierre, my comment to you had to do with the term used in one of the previous posts. What I said was right and you just can't deal with it.

"And don’t make to many assumption 'mjd star'… "

Change "assumption" to "assumptions" and "to" to "too" and your sentence would be written in correct English.

The rest of what you wrote is too idiotic to respond to. Learn some manners, Pierre, and learn how to behave.
mjd   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:14 GMT
One more thing....

"Voluntary" is an adjective. "Voluntarily" is the adverb you were looking for.

You would've wanted to use "a map" instead of "the map," unless, of course, you were referring to a specific map. However, that doesn't seem to be the case, as we don't have a map on the Antimoon forum.

Not a bad English lesson I'm giving you here, Pierre. Maybe you'll learn something afterall. ;.)
Pierre   Sunday, May 29, 2005, 18:33 GMT
“If you’re a catholic don’t preach in a Baptist church “

Being from across the ocean, you obviously don’t know anything substantial about the present European “terminology”. There is a very popular “slogan “about the Central European States, or Baltic states…enlarging the European Union. ( Central there , central here ,etc. Nobody names Poland “eastern-Europe “these days) rather Baltic or Central Europe…

Just a dumb European and most Americans still living with the Cold War syndrome, make such a remark …

Take Sander for example…spotting the “old news”

Go ahead “mjd star” and ask Tom, your master…from "eastern Europe" lol

About your corrections…when you’ll reach my level of English in any foreign language, besides your native English…let me know! English is my fourth language… After French, Flemish and Spanish…

Have a nice day “mjd star”