adjective

abc   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 02:25 GMT
how would you describe a girl who's not loose, like she does not look at you, and wait for you first to go talk to her, and then it takes her a while to be friendly with you, etc. do you get what i'm saying?
peter   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 02:34 GMT
DIVIE or divy I dont know how to spell it right
Frances   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 02:38 GMT
How about reticent?

Here's the definition from dicitionary.com:

ret·i·cent P Pronunciation Key (rt-snt)
adj.
Inclined to keep one's thoughts, feelings, and personal affairs to oneself. See Synonyms at silent.
Restrained or reserved in style.
Reluctant; unwilling.
Frances   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 02:40 GMT
Also from dictionary.com, another definition for reticent, which is more appropriate to this situation:

reticent

adj 1: temperamentally disinclined to talk [syn: untalkative] 2: cool and formal in manner [syn: reserved, restrained, unemotional] 3: reluctant to draw attention to yourself [syn: self-effacing]

and from the thesaurus:

Main Entry: reticent
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: secretive
Synonyms: bashful, clam, clammed up, close, close-mouthed, dried up, dummied up, garbo, hesitant, mum, quiet, reserved, restrained, shy, silent, taciturn, tight-lipped, uncommunicative, unforthcoming, unspeaking
Deborah   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 03:08 GMT
stand-offish
David Winters   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 03:44 GMT
Just use "coy".
George   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 05:13 GMT
"stand-offish" and "coy" are good. However, "coy" implies a certain bashfulness. Some women are just prima donnas and come off as distant, cool, chilly, icy, remote...

<<DIVIE or divy I dont know how to spell it right>>

I think you mean "diva".
D   Wednesday, June 01, 2005, 11:17 GMT
>> how would you describe a girl who's not loose, <<

You do know that 'loose' means 'sexually promiscuous,' right?
LISTEN TO ME   Thursday, June 02, 2005, 11:27 GMT
PETER THE WORD IS "DIVVY" AND IT"S A NORTHERN ENGLISH WORD, MORE PRECISELY FROM THE ONCE SPOKEN LANCASHIRE DIALECT IN NORTH WESTERN ENGLAND!
posts   Thursday, June 02, 2005, 21:54 GMT
Well <<not loose>> is a good way to be - for some people anyway- than the opposite of that which is 'sexually promiscuous '. Unless you'd rather her to be that way with you.
If you don't mean it in that sense then the girl is 'shy'. She could also just be 'stuck up' or a snob.
Tiffany   Thursday, June 02, 2005, 23:26 GMT
Wouldn't you call ANYBODY who is not immeditaely open "reserved"?

Why is there a special word if this person is a girl? Only guys who've had their egos bruised by this girl (usually by some imagined slight) may call her alternatively an "ice princess", a "prude", or a "bitch". And the last one is the most uncalled for.
Xatufan   Thursday, June 02, 2005, 23:30 GMT
Hey, I'm like that;;;; except that I'm a guy. That means I'm coy. Mmmm <thinking>
Deborah   Thursday, June 02, 2005, 23:36 GMT
"Reserved" sounds reasonable.
Janice   Friday, June 03, 2005, 17:38 GMT
Tiffany I believe the last one "bitch" is indeed most called for as regards you dearest!