What do you know about the ARYAN culture

Haram Zada   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 02:18 GMT
What do you know about the ARYAN culture
zarafa   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 03:09 GMT
Haram Zada (ha-ha), only what I’ve read in articles such as these:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2003-39%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=aryan+culture

There seem to be differing invasion theories. What’s yours?
Brennus   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 06:29 GMT
Although we don't have a time machine with which to travel back to 4,000 B.C. and view the Ancient Aryan culture first hand, Indo-Eurpeanists have been able to discern a few things that typified the ancestral Indo-European or "Aryan" culture based on common root words shared by nearly all of the Indo-European languages..

1)They were patriarchal; the father was the undisputed head of the household.

2)They were polytheistic and worshiped many gods and all of these gods had wives that were unfaithful. They venerated cattle and the oak tree and regarded both as sacred.

3)Like the Chinese, they had already discovered the wheel and had vehicles like the ox cart, the wagon and the chariot.

4) They may have been hemp (or cannabis) smokers since most of the Indo-European languages share common cognates for "hemp." For example, Hemp from Anglo-Saxon haenep is a cognate with Greek kannabis.

5) They were nomadic with some of them living more by hunting and others more by raising livestock (sheep, goats, cattle etc.). The fact that almost all words for beaver derive in modern IE languages derive from a root *bebhru- which means the "brown one" tells us that this was a sacred animal of some kind to them. Common roots for "dog" and "horse" indicate that these animals were important in their culture too.
Gite   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 06:37 GMT
Ok what European Countries are considered 'Aryan'?

I have heard during Hitler's Reich he had a list of European Countries that were considered 'Aryan Nations' while other countries were considered subhumans.

Can anyone explain or expand on that?
Brennus   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 06:55 GMT
Gite,

Different people will answer your question in different ways .

However, I would say mainly that the Indo-European or Aryan family is a very old language family and a very large one covering almost the combined distance of North and South America.

Naturally, over a geographical area that vast you are going to have some differences in the way people look physically. The Aryans that Hitler envisioned represent only the northwestern most branch of Aryan peoples and not even all of them have blond hair, blue eyes or square jaws. As one moves further south and east one encounters Aryan peoples who are often darker in complexion: Albanians, Greeks, Ossetians (in Georgia) Parsis (in India), Roma (Gypsies) etc.

Among the Semitic peoples you have similar variations with some Jews and Arabs being fair complexioned, others darker complexioned. Someone once rightfully said that if you used just fair or blondish hair and blue eyes as the criterion for being Aryan, some Jews would be more Aryan than some Germans.
Ren   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 06:58 GMT
I think it was the 'Germanic nations' ie. Sweden, Norway, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, etc.

There was even a Nazi poster which I saw in a museum of pictures of 'Aryan' women in their National Dresses with blond hair and blue eyes. On the poster were these beauiful ladies from 'Aryan Nations' such as Germans, Dutch, Swedish, etc.

There some evidence that Hitler even considered the 'Anglo-Saxons' ie. The English as 'Aryan' too even they were at war with eachother. I'll look up the 'Evidence' as I explained above and give you the website later on as I don't have it in memory.
Ren   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 07:02 GMT
This thread is quite interesting..... I hope it doesn't get hijacked by Trolls.
Ren   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 07:05 GMT
It does make me laugh Brennus that most of the Nazi party including Hitler didn't fit in the 'Ayran catagory'. Looking at pictures of Hitler he could of being mistaken for a Greek or a slavic person LOL.
Brennus   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 07:38 GMT
Ren,

It is indeed ironic that Hitler and most of his men didn't fit the ideal images of Aryan "Ubermenschen" (Supermen) as portrayed in Nazi statues and propaganda photographs.

This is partly because Hitler had a very narrow, idealistic view of what Aryan people looked liked. Yes, some Aryan peoples do have fair skin, blue eyes and blond or chestnut colored hair. However, these characteristics are advantageous only in a northern European type climate. If you live closer to Africa or India where the sunlight is more intense, a darker complexion is more advantageous.

I have also heard that Heinrich Himmler had some Hungarian ancestry and that Joseph Goebels was part Dutch and may have had some Indonesian ancestry too. Some have also suggested that many of Adolf Eichman's ancestors may have been Austrian Jews who converted to Catholicism.

Finally, just as silly as the Nazi Aryan Superman vision was the Russian Communist "Soviet New Man" image of the Stalin era. He is featured on some of their postage stamps and in some of their propaganda posters too. You could say that he is the Communist equivalent of Hitler's Aryan.
Brennus   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 07:42 GMT
Adolf Eichan > Adolf Eichman
Brennus   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 08:12 GMT
New Soviet Man
Damian from Edinburgh   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 08:23 GMT
I think it's sad when one race considers itself "superior" to any other in whatever way. What gives one race the authority to think in those terms? You can see one distinct form of beauty and grace and style in the tall blond blue-eyed Nordic types, and another form in the dark, brown-eyed, olive coloured skins of more Southern Europeans and the same goes for all other races outside of Europe - be they any Asiatic, native American - North or South, Australasian, or African. All those cultures are equally valid in their own way.

We take the piss out of each other's "countries" but it's really minging to place one race of people above another in some sort of Superiority League Table.

As for such things as racial Final Solutions that is, as we all know, just plain evil "in extremis".
Sander   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 09:40 GMT
Its a bad thing that Hitler gave the word Arid such a bad name,in fact Ive always found it fascinating how he said that the aryans were the 'ubermenschen' but that he still was the Furher.

As far as I know these are the socalled Arid Countries (or counties with "Brudervolke")

-Germany
-Austria
-Netherlands
-Denmark
-Norway
-Sweden
-Iceland

And I also know that,the haven't got a communiative culture...*Of course they do have similarities.
Sander   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 09:47 GMT
Oh,an Aryan is someone with:

-Blond hair
-Muscular (this isnt a genetically property)
-Tall (he ment,arround and above the 1,80)
-Blue or green eyes
-A stable bloodline (no Semite blood,or any other 'race',and the above characteristics for 2 generations,and no serious diseases (such as Down syndrome).
Cro Magnon   Saturday, June 11, 2005, 12:08 GMT
Like most Americans, I'm a mix of ethnicities, but I have more German than anything else. However, I wouldn't fit Hitler's "ideal", nor would I want to. I like being dark enough to go outside on a nice sunny day without running for the sunscreen.