help me please

mary   Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:36 am GMT
would you please explain about "sore muscle" ?

is it like stiffness or something else ?!
guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 pm GMT
yes or soreness due to overexertion

have you never experienced a sore muscle before?
mary   Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:45 pm GMT
no , actually i do n't know the exact meaning of it !

it 's because of a tear in our muscle

or

it appears after doing some hard works , i mean it 's a feeling that we have when we are tired

or

when our muscles are hitted , it (sore muscle) appears

which one is right ?

would you please explain more completely ?!

thank you in advance
guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:49 pm GMT
all of the above

"sore muscle" expresses a condition, not a causative action

so regardless of how your muscle got sore, it *is* sore, and that is a "sore muscle"
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:13 pm GMT
ok thank you dear friend

so sore muscle is a pain in our muscles which can be because of above condition that i mentioned ... yes ?
mary   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 pm GMT
the previous answer is mine ;)
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 pm GMT
hey pals!

am i right or not ?!
Uriel   Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:51 am GMT
Yes, a sore muscle is any muscle that is in pain, regardless of how it got that way.

Just to give you a few tips to help you with your grammar:

<<it appears after doing some hard works , i mean it 's a feeling that we have when we are tired >>

Try, "It happens after doing hard work, or when we are tired"

<<when our muscles are hitted , it (sore muscle) appears >>

Try, "when our muscles have been hit, they become sore"

(Hit is one of those verbs that is the same in past and present; there is no such word as "hitted" -- I think the only other form of hit is "hits", which is used in the present with he, she, and it.
RayH   Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:54 pm GMT
"sore muscle" means that your muscles are painful due to overexertion, almost always because of unaccustomed work or exercise. Also, although in very particular circumstances you might find yourself with a single sore muscle (your right triceps, for example), you will very seldom say that a single muscle is sore. The condition almost always refers to multiple muscles such as the large muscles in your legs and lower body or your arms, shoulders and upper back, etc.

Sore muscles are not the same thing as tired muscles. Soreness is a condition that persists for several days after the event that caused the soreness no matter how well rested you are.

You would seldom if ever say a muscle was sore if you had suffered an injury. For example, if you hurt yourself during exercise or work you would say that you had "pulled a muscle" or "strained a muscle" not that that particular muscle was sore. Although if you are recovering from an injury to a muscle you might say that the muscle is "still a little sore" or, more probably, "still a little painful" or something similar.