De Leon

Hans   Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:04 am GMT
Willy I am also not a Native English Speaker too and I already pointed out a couple of mistakes in your last message.
Willy   Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:19 am GMT
What such mistakes could there possibly be in my and last such message, Hans? I am a native English speaker. Many of yous are just such a bunch of stupids to and not know that.
Willy   Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:30 am GMT
Transcript: Cosmic Secrets - The Beginning of the Universe

In the past ten years we've had an ocean of data from satellites and the Hubble space telescope verifying the big bang theory. However physicists have a problem, where did it come from? If the big bang started everything in the universe, the stars and the galaxies then where did the big bang come from and that's going to be one of the exciting avenues of research in the twenty first century. I think of a soap bubble, in the soap bubble we live on the surface of it, it's expanding rapidly and it's actually accelerating now. Now then the question is where did this bubble come from. Well think of boiling water, boiling takes place such that out of nothing little bubbles form and these bubbles expand very rapidly. Now we think that is the basic paradigm of the multiverse.

Many cosmologists, Stephen Hawking included, believe that our Universe exists in an ocean of other bubbles, that in some sense big bangs are happening all the time. Even as we speak new universes could be erupting out of the multiverse, out of nothingness and that's perhaps where our universe came from, it came from the fabric of nothingness with bubbles forming and bubbles expanding rapidly and our bubble being rather special because it's lasted for billions of years and life exists on our universe.

Now one of the greatest of all paradoxes is that the very small is governed by the quantum theory, the theory of atomic physics. The very large is governed by Einstein's theory of general relativity, a theory of big bangs and black holes and quasars and things and why should nature have two hands, a left hand that handles nuclear physics and a right hand that deals with the big bang and expanding universes. This gets us into the unified field theory, the holy grail of all of physics. We want an equation, one inch long, which will allow us to quote "read the mind of God". We want an equation, one inch long, which will give us the entire splendour of the big bang and black holes and expanding universe as well as the dance of sub-atomic particles, dancing in and out of a vacuum. And by the way, today we think we have it, the leading candidate is called the super string theory.

It's a theory that exists in ten dimensional hyper-space, now get that, ten dimensional hyper-space. I'm the co-founder of string field theory which is one of the main branches of this theory and many physicists believe that this is the best hope now of quote "reading the mind of God". There are a lot of sticky questions in physics that are still unanswered, for example, are time machines possible? Is it possible to drill a hole in space like in Alice in Wonderland's 'Through the Looking Glass'? Is it possible to create a worm hole that will allow you to go from one place, like the countryside of Oxford, to the fantastic world of wonderland, imagined by Lewis Carroll, who was of course a mathematician at Oxford University, known as Charles Dodgson. Well string theory should answer these kinds of questions as to whether or not you can bend time into a pretzel, whether or not you can leap into the tenth dimension, whether or not you can open up holes in space and time. And this is where it ultimately maybe the salvation of all intelligent life in the universe.

The evidence seems to indicate that we will die in a big freeze. The universe will cool down to near absolute zero temperatures, it's going to be very cold trillions of years from now. And many people believe that all intelligent life will die when the universe dies. So in other words why should we bother to wake up in the morning tomorrow, knowing that it's all for nothing anyway, that every intelligent life in the galaxy, in the universe, is gong to freeze to death when the universe cools off trillions of years from now. But there is an escape hatch. The escape hatch is the unified field theory. Perhaps if the universe gets too cold we will leave the universe.

We will drill a hole through hyper-space and leap into another bubble out there which is a lot warmer than our bubble, which will be very cold trillions of years from now. So in other words this unified field theory may ultimately be the salvation of all intelligent life in the universe if the universe accelerates to become extremely cold in the future. So I think that in a hundred years we will probably have a much better understanding, not just of the universe, but of universes beyond this universe.
Willy   Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:31 am GMT
Check out what I writed in my above post. Doesn't that show that I'm and a native English by the way I write?
Hans   Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:20 pm GMT
LOL Willy like if we are going to believe you!? Look at your last message!
Writed? - Wrote is one mistake you made... I'll let the others explain because I'm not a NATIVE SPEAKER like you! Admit it okay!?
Hans   Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:23 pm GMT
BTW I like how you copied and pasted your 'Article' about the 'The Beginning of the Universe.'
Hans   Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:24 pm GMT
*Pasted NOT 'pasted'
Xätufan feeling German   Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:24 pm GMT
Hey, guys, you're so funny!

I'm not native, BTW.