Anyone konws a BBC female news reader Sowey Daimon?

Guest   Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm GMT
Anyone konws a BBC female news reader Sowey Daimon on the world service (I might misspell out her name, because I did this according to the pronunciation)? She speaks English with an American accent, which I find quite pleasing. What do you think of her accent?
Skippy   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:53 pm GMT
I can't find anything about anyone with a similar name who speaks with an American accent... What does she look like, what does she report on, etc.?
Damian   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:57 pm GMT
Sorry...unable to trace this person. Unless you can supply a correctly spelt name then we are up a gum tree on this one. I've never heard of an individual with a name even remotely similar to the one you give.

Personally I never tune into the BBC World Service as I am not actually in the World....I'm in the UK. We have our own home grown BBC radio stations, local as well as national, even up here in Bonnie Scotland.

Try and come up with a correct name and I will try and trace her if it's possible. My research charges are quite reasonable, even with VAT added. 10% discounts available if I feel especially generous and full of the milk of human kindness.
Guest   Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 pm GMT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BBC_newsreaders_and_reporters

There is no one with a name remotely similar to Sowey Daimon on that list. I think you made her up in one of your dreams.
Damian   Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:12 pm GMT
The name does conjure up quite an exotic image though, doesn't it? I think Guest really has dreamt this lady up- an erotic figment of an imagination fuelled by carnal desires. He should tune into BBC Radio 3, or if that doesn't work, take a cold shower.
Guest   Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:28 pm GMT
It's newscaster and not newsreader.
Guest   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:46 am GMT
I've checked the above website. Indeed there is no such person in the list. Disappointing!
She occasionally reads hourly or half-hourly news bulletins on the BBC radio world service. I've never heard she hosts any other programes except reading news.
She has been on the air a lot in recent days. Her voice, with a mixture of British and American accents, is rather young and almost musical.

I think her name might be spelled as Soey ("0" pronounced as in "go", "ey" pronounced as in "see" ) Dimen ("i" pronounced as in "my") .
Hope you can help me to trace her.
KC   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 am GMT
Is this her? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonia_Deol
She presents programmes on BBC radio.
Although I couldnt see any reason why she should have an American accent influence. She's born and brought up in Birmingham. Does a Brummie accent seem American? Not to me though.
K. T.   Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 am GMT
How about Zoe Diamond?
Guest   Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:58 am GMT
I guess Zoe Diamond is the cloest name to the spellings of the name I can think of.
Guest   Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 am GMT
Definitely not Sonia Deol !
Guest   Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 am GMT
Oh it is Zoe Diamond! Thanks K.T. I just googled the name. All that I found is she is from Scotland. Could you provide further information about her?
K. T.   Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:48 am GMT
On a Chinese language site she is listed as one of the BBC presenters/correspondents. I have seen this name on other sites as well (one as a voice talent), but I am not sure if this is the same lady.

You're welcome.
Guest   Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 am GMT
I don't know any further information about her. But Zoe Diamond is indeed the cloest name to the spellings of the name I can think of.
Damian may know sth about her!
furrykef   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 pm GMT
Note that "Zoe" is often spelled "Zoƫ", with a diaeresis, to indicate that the "e" is not silent. (However, native English speakers seem to be largely unaware of the function of the diaeresis nowadays, and just see it as a funny-looking diacritic that makes things look foreign...)

- Kef