OLD antimooners,

Laura Braun   Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:19 pm GMT
is there someone from old time, like 2002, 2003... or just brand new people.
Achab   Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 pm GMT
I've been here since 2004. I don't know if that makes me an oldtimer. Definitely, I'm not a newcomer.

With happy Autumn wishes,

Achab
Leasnam   Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 pm GMT
I have been here (on the DL) since around 2002
Guest   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:49 pm GMT
DL? what's that?
Guest   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 pm GMT
I have posted here since 2003.
Uriel   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:22 am GMT
DL = down low. "On the down low" means something secret, discreet, surreptitious, or not openly advertised. The internet term for someone who hangs around reading posts without making one of their own is "lurker".

I don't remember when I first started, but it's been a few years.
Laura Braun   Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 am GMT
I've been since 2003. We were whole bunch of people and we moved to some other forum. But in one moment everyone has gone from thst forum. I made my own forum with the only member me, myself and I. With 0 post. But the old Antimoon is still here, that's good. I can learn a lot from it and not to forget english at all.
Guest   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:04 am GMT
@ laura braun

"we moved to some other forum"

which forum?
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:39 am GMT
Since Adam was a lad.....well, since sometime early to mid 2004 I would think...I haven't got the time to trawl through the archives to determine an exact date.

No, it's not the Adam we all used to love and not quite love quite so much I speak of...you know the Adam I mean....the English gentleman of fond and not so fond memory, from Bolton, Lancashire - with very extremist views and an avowed antagonist towards all Scots and anything Scottish! Bless him! ;-)

The Adam I mean is the original Adam - the one tempted with the first apple offered to him by a spare rib...well, that's what it says in Genesis! Fact or fiction? - who's to know..... Anyway, poor innocent men have been similary tempted and enticed into sin ever since.....and most have enjoyed every second if it.

Here in the UK the expression: "Since Adam was a lad" simple means a very, very, very long time ago. But I do know I have been an Antimooner for about four and a half years now, not long after I left uni. I think it was a sunny day - we in Britain always remember sunny days if only because of their rarity value......that's a slight exaggeration tbh with you.....it's absolutely gorgeous here today.....just one or two fluffy wee cumulus formations hanging over the Pentlands (a range of hills just to the south of Edinburgh where my wee dog George once encountered a startled adder serenly sunbathing among the ferns - the adder is the UK's only venomous snake, a type of viper which is very rarely dangerous if you seek medical treatment asap - in this case it all ended happily with no ill effects for either dog or serpent or myself, dragging George away from the snake which quickly vanished into the undergrowth anyway).
Damian on a break   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:40 am GMT
For antagonist read antagonism.
Laura Braun   Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am GMT
Guest, it's some other forum... I'm the only member there now, because nobody writes there anymore and someone wrote that it looks like a corpse..... of an old friend.
L.   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:04 pm GMT
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more
Alex or "|||"   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm GMT
I have been here since the 4Q 2002; And my first accent sample was posted in August 2003, 18, I think.

Since then I have been a regular Antimooner. Sometimes I post, but not very often.

Names I remember: Adam, MSXMANIAC, Tom, Clark, Mjd. All of them, history now.

Best regards for all the Old and New Antimooners,

Alex.

|||
Guest   Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm GMT
I've being here since 2005 (3 years ago) but after the first year I stopped posting with my nickname because of some imitators.
Lazar   Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 pm GMT
I've been here since 2005.