Spoken Spanish - very hard to understand?

Resurrected Guest   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:46 pm GMT
Usually Mexicans in the US are Indians whose knowledge of Spanish is not that good, they do not speak it properly. It is not rare since all the illegals coming south of the border are from Amerindian ancestry. Mexico uses the USA as a human dumping ground to throw away Mestizos and Indians, shame on Mexico !!!!
Sigmondo Froido   Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm GMT
Pretty effective strategy if you ask me. Those people are also the poorest, lowliest Mexicans, usually ex narco men. So Mexico gets so many bonuses:

- Get rid of the scum.
- The scum get money in the USA and send it back
- Get rid of criminals
- Increase drug traffic across the border = more money for Mexico
- The USA pays Mexico money to fight drugs
- Clean up the gene pool.

Yeehaa! Open the borders!
The way it is   Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 pm GMT
<<Usually Mexicans in the US are Indians whose knowledge of Spanish is not that good, they do not speak it properly. It is not rare since all the illegals coming south of the border are from Amerindian ancestry. Mexico uses the USA as a human dumping ground to throw away Mestizos and Indians, shame on Mexico !!!!>>

Well, we have to get rid of the Indians somehow so we the whites can stay here in Mexico, but it seems like you guys are taking perfect care of those Indians.
Resurreted Guest   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:00 pm GMT
Mexicans who rules the country are usually white. The elite in Mexico is white and get even whiter because they imported their wives from areas with a large white majority such as Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine) for example in order to clean even more their genetic pool. The best example in which the racism in Mexico is reflected are the Mexican soup operas, the businessmen are white and their wives are blondes (scandinavian type) while all the lesser jobs are performed by dark skinned people.

However in order to avoid one race war brown (majority) vs white (minority) the Mexican government brainwashed the population making them belive they belong to "la raza" and that each and everyone is a Mestizo no matter how brown, black or white he could be. Mexico is one of the most racist countries in the world.
The way it is   Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm GMT
Whatever, one thing's for sure, Mexico is getting rid of a lot of Indians by sending them to the United States, smart move.
hi   Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:53 am GMT
come to El Paso and you'll see the quality of spanish decline year by year and and talk to the cashier in english and they'll respond to you in spanish,and it's usually by uneducated mexicans,who don't even know spanish nor english.
Qwirty   Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:11 am GMT
The hardest Spanish to understand is Madrid Spanish. They speak so fast it's unbelievable.
pollon   Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 am GMT
I think Spanish is the easiest language to understand but I'm Italian :-)
Most american accents are even easier than the European counterpart
Duquesa de alba   Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:36 pm GMT
What about sung spanish? Is it that hard to understand as well?
For instance, coral voices like mocedades:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYSyMc-_GmQ&feature=related
Visitor   Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:14 pm GMT
<< Mexicans who rules the country are usually white. The elite in Mexico is white and get even whiter because they imported their wives from areas with a large white majority such as Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine) for example in order to clean even more their genetic pool. The best example in which the racism in Mexico is reflected are the Mexican soup operas, the businessmen are white and their wives are blondes (scandinavian type) while all the lesser jobs are performed by dark skinned people.

However in order to avoid one race war brown (majority) vs white (minority) the Mexican government brainwashed the population making them belive they belong to "la raza" and that each and everyone is a Mestizo no matter how brown, black or white he could be. Mexico is one of the most racist countries in the world. >>

Is Mexico blond? I don't think so.

Those wives of white Mexican Elite are either pure Spanish descendants or Mestizas who are 75% Spanish and 25% Amerindians. The reason that they look like blond slavic women it's because they dye their hair blond and wear blue or green contact lenses. In addition Latin America is famous for its specialty in cosmetic surgery. So many of those went to Venezuela to undergo in a cosmetic surgery just to have the Northern European looks.

One can tell if a person is indeed blond by just taking a look at the base of the hair strands.
canard   Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:56 pm GMT
Visitor = qué imbecil!
Visitor   Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:59 am GMT
Canard = quel imbecil!
Zoroastro   Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 pm GMT
<<So many of those went to Venezuela to undergo in a cosmetic surgery just to have the Northern European looks. >>

That is absurd. Northern European women have manish facial traits and are often too tall for a women, sometimes they are even taller than their boyfriends/husbands. They take cosmetic surgey to look like SOUTHERN EUROPEAN women.
Ataecina   Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:31 am GMT
umm I am a bit surprised to hear that as I have always heard that spanish is easy; anyway accents always makes things harder.
Kroll   Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 am GMT
I think the problem is the different accents.

But I think this happens with others languages. For example:

American English and British English or Australian English.

European French and French from Africa or from Latinamerica

Etc....

Another cause of it is If the speaker uses a lot of slang words ( It is very hard to understand) and also the speed of the native speaker.

I don't know Spanish but some friends have told me that Spanish is easy to learn and understand. (The most difivult is the verbs)

I have studied Chinese and I can say that it is very hard to understand because of tones.