Do I sound native?

The real eeuuian   Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:39 am GMT
I'd also say that you sound native, as far as I can tell (which isn't very far).

Why don't you give us a recording of your normal speech -- that would be the acid test for nativeness.

BTW, post #7 is from an imposter -- I suppose I should be flattered that someone wnts to impersonate me. :)
Caspian   Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:40 pm GMT
Well, I'd say she's from England - but she'd hardly post here asking if she sounded native if she were British, so I'd hasard a guess saying maybe Germany, France or the Netherlands.

No accent though.
Easter egg   Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:11 am GMT
Russian, Polish?
KC   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 pm GMT
Its easy to mask your natural accent if you're singing, because you already have the words in your mind, and just need to think about the accent. When you're speaking naturally and try to do it in a different accent, now thats hard because you'll be thinking about the words you are going to speak, and the accent too.
Caspian   Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:37 pm GMT
I'm sure we'd all be pleased if you were to divulge your country of origin now :)
Morgan   Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:38 am GMT
Yes, indeed I am native. So, now the real test: can you guess which city I'm from? I'm a guy by the way. I'm a teenager now but my voice hasn't changed very much yet.
Easter Egg   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:05 am GMT
Moscow or Warsaw
Morgan   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:08 am GMT
>> Moscow or Warsaw <<

um... no ...
southlander   Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 am GMT
>> Moscow or Warsaw <<

How could that be when he's native?
Londres   Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:01 am GMT
London?