non-disclosure document

karen   Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 am GMT
is there any differences between
"none disclosing document"
and
"non-disclosure document"
while there's a "breach" in the first half of the sentence?

and how to use them appropriately?

cheers
Achab   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm GMT
Um, "to breach a non-disclosure agreement" is the term I've heard or read most of the times...

Best,

Achab
karen   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 am GMT
thanks!
so, what's wrong with the "none disclosing document"?
Quick Brown Fox   Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 am GMT
What ISN"T wrong with it?
Achab   Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:40 am GMT
karen,

Do you really mean "none disclosing document"? Are you sure you don't actually intended to write "non disclosing document"?

Now, the former term seems to feature a typo to me. As for the latter one, I have no idea whether there's anything wrong with it. I personally never heard it, so I *feel* it may be, um, a bit "off".

I just thought it would be useful to point out that the thing, whenever I bumped into it, was "non-disclosure agreement."

With every good wish,

Achab
Another Guest   Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:59 am GMT
"None" is a pronoun, not an adjective, so "none disclosure" doesn't make any sense.
Achab   Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 am GMT
Another Guest,

Maybe the rationale behind the "none disclosure/disclosing document" version is that *none* is supposed to know something that such document maintains to be kept secret.

But yes, I agree with you, it doesn't make much sense, at least in that it's just not not the way a native speaker would say it.

By the way, fingers got ahead of me a few postings above... I should have written "Did you really" instead of "Do you really", and "you didn't actually intend" instead of "you didn't actually intended". Apologies.

With every good wish,

Achab
Yaxman   Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:17 am GMT
I am still confused.
Billy   Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:58 am GMT
It's clear to me.