How popular is the Chinese language in your country?

interestingcomment   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm GMT
In fact it is the opposite. Chinese cheap labor is destroying western economies burdened by workers' rights and high standard of living. Plus, Chinese are stealing every bit of knowhow they can. So in a decade or two there'll be nothing left but cheap, crappy Chinese stuff and by stuff I mean EVERYTHING.
Shuimo   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:29 pm GMT
rojo corruto Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 pm GMT
I'm glad that you understood my message. I mean ,the Chinese are capable of achieving big things and become a developed nation, but in some way I think that this will not happen because USA and Europe will do their best in preventing this because for example, do you think that computers would be so cheap in developed countries if it wasn't for the cheap labor hand in China where they manufacture totally or partially 100% of PCs, MP3 players, etc that are avidly consumed in Europe and US? Latin America will suffer the same fate, they will never become on par with Europe and USA because once again cheap labor hand is needed. There is also Africa, but they are so poor and starvated that can't even produce things. Latin America and China will be the cheap producers of manufactured goods forever (unless we discover another planet with Chinese alike people).
----------------------------
Who knows for sure what tomorrow will be like!
Curiously enough, why did you not mention Japan?
interestingcomment2   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm GMT
What about Japan Shuimo?
Shuimo   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 pm GMT
interestingcomment Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm GMT
In fact it is the opposite. Chinese cheap labor is destroying western economies burdened by workers' rights and high standard of living. Plus, Chinese are stealing every bit of knowhow they can. So in a decade or two there'll be nothing left but cheap, crappy Chinese stuff and by stuff I mean EVERYTHING.
==================================
I don't wholly disagree with you.
I think the real cause of grave concern to Western countries is that China is steady on its way to a high achiever in double folds: it is not only highly skilled in making cheap goods of masssive use, but it is also capable of producing high-tech products, where it is making rapid progress.

The only thing that the Western lot should complain about is that the Chinese is too intelligent and shrewd for them to deal with.
rojo corruto   Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm GMT
I heartily hope the Chinese workers improve their living conditions and China begins making high quality goods with their own intellectual property so the Western companies will no longer see profitable to relocate to China. The interests of the Western middle classes and those of the Chinese are in reality tied , it's the big companies that are afraid of China becoming rich .
IC3   Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm GMT
Chinese workers will never be allowed to become expensive. This is exactly what west is demanding of Chinese government but they'll never do it because it's the cornerstone of their cunning (shrewd, huh Shuimo?) tactics.
Anyway China is already rich, they're buying usa right now.
Shuimo   Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 pm GMT
rojo corruto Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm GMT
I heartily hope the Chinese workers improve their living conditions and China begins making high quality goods with their own intellectual property so the Western companies will no longer see profitable to relocate to China. The interests of the Western middle classes and those of the Chinese are in reality tied , it's the big companies that are afraid of China becoming rich .
-------------------------
I am afraid you are somwhat out of touch with what is happenning to China.
Your hearty hope can hardly be called hope, as that hope is already being transformed into reality day by day! LOL

I guess the whole of the West including the masses and the government has
sort of fear-complex about a rich and prosperious China, which they suspiciously view as a robust challenger to their values and beliefs. Right? (*^__^*)
US Citizen   Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm GMT
China is doing well, but it needs much better quality. It seems that we hear about some issue with food or toys exported from China every year.

China is still fascinating, but I don't think it is the Second US.
jella   Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:44 pm GMT
The only interesting thing from China is the Great Chinese Wall....
Futurist   Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm GMT
<<China economy is boosting because they make cheap things for the developed countries but China will never become as developed as Europe and USA because if so, which country will manufacture dirty cheap for the Chinese then? India? i don't think so. China will always be poor because it's necessary for the developed economies . >>

What about robots?
s0s   Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm GMT
I don't know what Chinese is....
guest   Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:28 pm GMT
Why robots? We already have Chinese that are cheaper.
Isaac   Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:09 pm GMT
Robots do better job then Chinese.
Guest   Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:41 pm GMT
...Unless they are bad programmed or they finally rebel against the Humans. The Chinese will never commit rebellion because are loyal to the Communist Regime that exploits them alongside with Western multinationals.
Isaac   Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 pm GMT
Chinese did rebel against Kuomintang, you're badly programmed.