What language is this?

Huatare   Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm GMT
Help! What language is this? I'm going crazy.

"Ta no sta toki po wan-pela stan, sta toki po saba di stan, po saba di yan ke dwel po dunya. Ta sta toki po saba di dunya"
Caspian   Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm GMT
It's an artificially constructed language called Neo-Patwa.

http://patwa.pbwiki.com/
Huatare   Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:50 pm GMT
Oh I see, thank you. Interesting concept - wiki conlang. lol
Caspian   Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:41 pm GMT
Lol yes - they're interesting, but let's face it, no conlang's ever really going to work!
Jens   Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:17 pm GMT
Yes, the idea of a conlang becoming accepted as a language is not so easy. With Neo Patwa, I'm trying more to make an outline of what could be a world pidgin. Hope you like it!
Huatare   Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:34 pm GMT
I do like the concept. Wiki World Pidgin - it's democratic, it's world, it's informal; nothing to dispute.
I don't think any conlang has any chance of being accepted ever, but this conlang is definitely better then the others.
Boris   Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:10 am GMT
This is absolutely unacceptable dear general. Now, take off your clothes!
Jens   Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 pm GMT
Huatare, thanks for the praise. You are probably right about conlangs -- the idea that a person could create a language that everybody will use is sort of funny. But maybe Neo Patwa can be thought of simply as a blueprint of what a universal language might look like, if it emerged spontaneously.
Huatare   Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm GMT
It's an linguistic experiment, so to speak. Right?
Maybe you should write a book, something like Cat's Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut).
Caspian   Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:58 pm GMT
Wow, the creator has stumbled across these pages!
Jens   Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 pm GMT
Caspian, you shouldn't be so surprised. There are many many language creators out in the world. And yes, Huatare, maybe writing a book would be a cool idea. Though I wonder if anybody would understand it!
clavis   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 am GMT
from http://patwa.pbwiki.com/

"Neo Patwa is a new international language, "
what a lie a cruel lie.

the only reconstructed language which I know that can have respect is Latin,the others I'm not sure how'll they'll be reconstructed,

Latin survives in its Latin languages and its pronunciation too,so it's easy to say that Latin might be resurrected through its descendants.
Caspian   Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 am GMT
Well, I'm only surprised because of the magnitude of the coincidence! I find the whole concept interesting myself, I have 'dabbled' in this field.