Portuguese Language TV

LL   Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:58 pm GMT
Thanks again to everyone who answered my question about reading material. The blog hints were wonderful. Obrigado.

Now I have another favor, and it doesn't matter what variety of Portuguese you speak. Are there any TV shows (interview/morning shows with a variety of topics) that are in Portuguese and available on the internet? You don't have to link them, of course, I'm just wondering what they're called.

Thanks again to all of you. You were a big help.
mallorqui   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:02 pm GMT
Dear LL or KP I don't think you are able to understand European Portuguese
LL   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 pm GMT
I can understand it. I listened to a documentary partially in European Portuguese yesterday. I am more familiar with Brazilian Portuguese, but I also listen to European Portuguese.

Who is KP?
LL   Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:34 am GMT
Mais pourquoi tu t'appelles "Mallorqui"?

Anyway, please tell me if you are able to do this in Portuguese. I don't know if you know French or not, but it seems almost everyone here knows Spanish or French. I like Portuguese a lot. I'm trying to improve because I speak more of a portunol.

I don't know why you would think I can't understand Portuguese Is it because I am interested in many languages? You must think I am lying.
I am not.
KatePerera   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 am GMT
J.C.   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:52 am GMT
I would recommend you this blog:
http://www.xnoveblog.com/2008/05/tv-x-nove-blog.html

It is possible to watch several Brazilian channels from which "TV GLOBO" (I hate this channel!!) has the best reception and can be watched in full screen. Some of the programs are in real time and I would suggest you to watch "Jô Soares", which is a kind of Brazilian "David Letterman" but speaks 4 languages and is pretty intelligent and arrogant!! :) He loves to show the languages he speaks even though his Brazilian accent is pretty noticeable.

Boa sorte!!
LL   Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:06 am GMT
Muito obrigado! You are both kind to help me. I will try to check these out very soon. Thanks to both of you. I hope to be able to write in good Portuguese someday.
J.C.   Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:00 am GMT
LL:
De nada!!! I do hope you'll improve your Portuguese soon!! Just keep on studying and you'll get there!!!

Até mais!!
mallorqui   Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:03 pm GMT
Anyway, please tell me if you are able to do this in Portuguese. I don't know if you know French or not, but it seems almost everyone here knows Spanish or French. I like Portuguese a lot. I'm trying to improve because I speak more of a portunol

Tinha-te escrito que, a meu ver, não conseguias perceber o português europeu porque tem uma fonética mais rica do que o brasileiro e mais dificil de entender. Os lusos costumam “engolir” as vogais átonas sobretudo ao falarem depressa

Estás seguro de que la mayoría de las personas en este foro sepa Español? Solo leo temas sin sentido sobre la importancia del idioma castellano, lo mismo ocurre con el francés...

Naturellement je connais le français, j’adore lire des livres en français, en particulier des romans ou des essais. De temps à autre je lis des journaux et des magazines aussi. A propos, je n’ai jamais vu un de tes messages dans une langue autre que l’anglais. :-)

Ich liebe andere Sprachen auch, aber ich will hier nicht schreiben.....
mallorqui   Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:27 pm GMT
Who is KP?

Sorry, I meant K.T.
KP   Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:07 am GMT
I'm KP.
luar   Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:54 pm GMT
Passara muitas tardes da sua vida a caminhar, alegre, pelas ruas de Lublijana, ou a olhar – da janela do seu quarto no convento – a neve qua caía na pequena praça com a estátua do poeta. Certa vez, ficara quase um mês flutuando nas nuvens, porque um homem desconhecido, no centro daquela mesma praça, lhe dera uma flor.
J.C.   Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 am GMT
LL:

I found one video of "Jô Soares" on youtube and hope you like it:
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFy89H7044&feature=related

Divirta-se!!
LL   Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 am GMT
Divirta-se!!

I have and I will, Thanks again.

You are right. He reminds me of Letterman.

Have to study now! Ciao!
olaszinho   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:41 pm GMT
You are right. He reminds me of Letterman.

Parece-me muito mais gordo e até tem um sotaque diferente :-)