The Chinese language stole the show at Expo-langues of Paris

Patrick Henry   Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 pm GMT
>I would rather die than submit.

Yes, that makes two of us at least. The unmitigated gall of these guys, to talk openly of a "Sinophone world ruled by the Party"!
suicidal westerner   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:11 am GMT
<<The unmitigated gall of these guys, to talk openly of a "Sinophone world ruled by the Party"! >>

I'm guessing that China will be very clever and subtle as they "take over" the world. Perhaps they'll use Political Correctness to make the West ashamed enough of themselves to commit demographic suicide over a period of decades. Perhaps they'll entice the West to hollow themselves out industrially and economically, so they eventually end up poor and unable to defend themselves.

Meanwhile, China can resume the old-style "five sons" policy to build up their population so they can gradually migrate into Europe, the Americas, etc., replacing the current population.
Guest   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 am GMT
There are 1300 millions of Chinese right now. Suppose every couple have 5 children. In 2030 there would be 3000 millions of Chinese. Then one half of the Chinese population would be enough to colonize virtually every country in the world, from East Asia to California and from Scandinavia to Patagonia. Once the world becomes ethnically Chinese there would be peace forever because the Chinese understand each other.
Yolz   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am GMT
I think China had better not make plans too far in the future... things are not looking to flash at home with all the job cutting... I sense civil unrest... the last thing on the Party's mind now will be conquering te world...
Shuimo   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:58 am GMT
Yolz Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am GMT
I think China had better not make plans too far in the future... things are not looking to flash at home with all the job cutting... I sense civil unrest... the last thing on the Party's mind now will be conquering te world...
========================
right!