Brain Training for Languages

Eddie   Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 pm GMT
(The Contributor)

One method of brain training is to do Sudoku puzzles. Doing a lot of these, should put the brain in a state where it is able to more effectively learn a language (eg English).

Do you do Sudoku puzzles?
What other brain training methods do you know of, that are helpfull for language learning?
idol   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm GMT
Sudoku is helpful for language learning. I however have a trick which is even more helpful for language learning - language learning.
Eddie   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:57 am GMT
idol,

What specific language learning tricks do you use?
Freddie   Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am GMT
I do Mah Jong.
J   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 pm GMT
I agree with idol. Language learning, using the methods outlined in this website, is the best way to learn languages. Sudoku might stimulate the brain, but I doubt that this makes language learning easier.
idol   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:04 pm GMT
J,
Exactly. Doing Sudoku to 'put the brain in a state where it is able to more effectively learn a language' sounds like a mighty cop-out to me. A lazy way of wriggling yourself out of the hard work while at the same time trying to convince yourself that you're doing something useful.
Language Learning.   Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:04 am GMT
"Sudoku is helpful for language learning. I however have a trick which is even more helpful for language learning - language learning"-Idol

Classic.
Eddie   Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 am GMT
<< "Sudoku is helpful for language learning. I however have a trick which is even more helpful for language learning - language learning"-Idol

Classic. >>

Classic? Classic, as in classical physics.