Approval Authority

Modertated   Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:52 am GMT
I am unsure as to the correctness level of the following sentence that I am rewriting. More particularly, I'm perplexed with the "approval authority level" part.

"c) All required procedures, instructions, equipment, material specifications, etc, for safe project execution and approval authority level should be identified. "
Robin Michael   Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 am GMT
"c) All required procedures, instructions, equipment, material specifications, etc, for safe project execution and approval authority level should be identified. "

"approval authority":

Does it meet all the relevant standards?

Has it been approved?

By whose authority has it been approved?

The sentence sounds fine to me as it stands. This is a form of technical writing. What it is saying, is that we are trying to prevent anything from going wrong. How can we do this? What are our goals?

The objectives are:

safe project execution

and

approval authority level

I am bringing the sentence up again, so I can see it.

First of all, the project should be executed in a safe manner.

Secondly, the project should be executed in a manner that meets the approval of the relevant authorities.

So it is important the relevant authorities are identified and every is done to meet their approval.

At the end of legal documents there is often a term E. & O.E.

Exceptions and Ommissions Excluded

So when giving advice about a dangerous tidal crossing the National Trust will not say when it is safe to cross.

Lindisfarne Castle Opening Times - Exceptions and Omissions Excluded

www.holy-island.info/lindisfarnecastle/eoe.htm -
Moderated   Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 am GMT
Thanks Robin. In actuality, that was a sentence of my editing. You don't want to dare look at the original.
Another Guest   Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:21 am GMT
I find the sentence rather unclear. What is it supposed to mean?