Why do people find accents attractive

Man from Avalon   Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 pm GMT
I've always loved American accents on a woman, as I find it very sensual, and recently I have taken to listening to country and western, to hear more of that are similar to what I like.

The thing is if I admitted it to people I know, I would get the mick taken out of me quite harshly and therefore I was wondering why certain people are attracted to certain accents, and maybe if there is a way to stop.

Anyway American girls rule!
umm yep   Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 am GMT
Ummm... the accent is just another feature of the person so it's hardly surprising... Why are some people attracted to blondes whereas others are attracted to brunettes? Why are some people attracted to plump girls whereas others like them scrawny?
Xie   Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:41 am GMT
I may be able to tell why. I also have dark hair with very deep brown shades. A lot of blondes I see in the media and in person are... not as attractive, and many of them got too much tanned.

Both British and American accents are pleasant to listen to. And women, they are confident and, well, just appear so much more attractive than the average typical timid, tiny Asian girl who has been so much idolized by most people around me.
Naruto   Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm GMT
I like the Ganguro, the way they speak too.
Guest   Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 pm GMT
I don't find accents attractive or unattractive. I find people attractive or unattractive. Accents are all hype for less-intelligent leed.