Languages of the future after fall of the American Empire?

french-spanish girl   Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 pm GMT
"At the same time Portuguese and Italian speakers understand written Spanish"

French speakers can too understand written Spanish, so you can add them, sum-total, they're more than english speakers.
wawa   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 am GMT
China would fall if the USA fell. Who would buy their cheap plastic shit then?
Shuimo   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 am GMT
^______^ Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:43 pm GMT
<<If America falls, Spanish will fall too.>>

On the contrary. Mexicans are returning to Mexico at this time. Mexico will recover its huge population that has emigrated to USA. The central Americans and South Americans who immigrated to the USA are also coming back at this moment.

The Spanish language is perhaps the most benefited with the collapse of USA .....

SOURCES:

Inmigrantes no ven futuro en Estados Unidos

http://www.vocero.com/noticia-10026-inmigrantes_no_ven_futuro_en_estados_unidos.html

Inmigrantes ecuatorianos regresan a su pais agobiados por la crisis norteamericana

http://miltonramirez.org/2009/03/20/inmigrantes-ecuatorianos-regresan-a-su-pais-agobiados-por-la-crisis-norteamericana/

Inmigración se revierte por la crisis económica

http://www.hoy.com.ec/noticias-ecuador/inmigracion-se-revierte-por-la-crisis-economica-340202.html

IN THIS MOMENT, NORTH AMERICANS ARE EMIGRATING TO ARGENTINA.........

Historias de estadounidenses que por la crisis huyeron a Buenos Aires

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2009/03/21/um/m-01881483.htm

Spanish is becoming world's lingua franca, congratulations to spanish native speakers!!!
=========================
I support Spanish, if not Chinese!
PS: what an orignal name you have!
Shuimo   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:47 am GMT
wawa Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 am GMT
China would fall if the USA fell. Who would buy their cheap plastic shit then?
=======================
The reverse is true!
Paul   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 am GMT
There is not and there has NEVER been an American Empire in the first place.
Hidden   Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm GMT
As long as the English continues to dominate the worlds of science, media and books being printed it will be the lingua franca of the world. Both hands down.
Guest   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:16 pm GMT
There is not and there has NEVER been an American Empire in the first place.

Yes, there is an American Empire. Among its colonies one could cite Porto Rico, Panama, Great Britain, Irak, and so on.
guest too   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:34 pm GMT
Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Poland, Georgia...
Mario   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 pm GMT
American Empire

Porto Rico, Panama, Great Britain, Irak - American colonies
Georgia - last year was destroyed by Russia :) ... and America coulnd't do anything
Poland - nope
Saudi Arabia - is the source of almost all terrorism
Afghanistan - let Wikipedia speak: "As of 2008, the insurgency, in the form of a Taliban guerrilla war, continues. However, the Pashtun tribal group, with over 40 million members, has a long history of resistance to occupation forces in the region so the Taliban themselves may comprise only a part of the insurgency. Most of the post-invasion Taliban fighters are new recruits, drawn again from that region's madrassas. The more traditional village schools are the primary source of the new fighters."
So, about Afganistan I say: Win this war America, if you can. But I'm sure you will fail.
Shoimu   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am GMT
<< Spanish is becoming world's lingua franca, congratulations to spanish native speakers!!!
=========================
I support Spanish, if not Chinese!
PS: what an orignal name you have! >>

French is becoming again the world's premier lingua franca, congratulations to French speakers!!!

I support French, if not Russian!
_____^_____   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 am GMT
<< French is becoming again the world's premier lingua franca, congratulations to French speakers!!!

I support French, if not Russian! >>

Thanks to the Eastern European countries who integrated the French language in the secondary and even primary school curricula. Almost all Eastern European countries ae either member or hae observer status in La Francophonie. Spanish and Chinese are studied in these countries just in foreign language schools and they make up very tiny fractions of the entire population.

Russian is making a great comeback in Eastern Europe after its realized its importance therefore indispensable.
..............   Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:18 pm GMT
<<Thanks to the Eastern European countries who integrated the French language in the secondary and even primary school curricula. Almost all Eastern European countries ae either member or hae observer status in La Francophonie. Spanish and Chinese are studied in these countries just in foreign language schools and they make up very tiny fractions of the entire population.

Russian is making a great comeback in Eastern Europe after its realized its importance therefore indispensable.>>

Then, according to you, eastern european countries are the new world's powers?

So, poland, lithuania or hungary are the new dominant countries....... very interesting........ i had no idea.........
Q.E.D.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:08 pm GMT
This is a stupid post.

First, the lingua franca of world today is English, and English it will remain.
Just for starters, the world's greatest power was UK, which started the Industrial Revolution. Secondly, this LAMP solution, where antimoon is hosted, has the scripting languages in ENGLISH!

The list that follows for the non programmers several keywords from programming languages (regardless the platform)
for, while, if then else, switch, case, begin, end ,select
Compilers, grammars, chip, transistor, computer, laptop, notebook

French:
reseaux, base de donee, ordinateur, logiciel - who uses these terms now?

My point is that Enlgish is de facto lingua franca due to the extraordinary techological advancement made last century. The immediat result: military supremacy, diplomacy wheter you like it or not.
rara   Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 am GMT
<<for, while, if then else, switch, case, begin, end ,select
Compilers, grammars, chip, transistor, computer, laptop, notebook
>>

Ummmm, so what? I create a new programming language where for=para, while=durante, if = si, ... etc. This is now the only one available from now on.

There we go! Done! It's called phasing out old technology! Just like Windows gradually phases out old operating systems, ENglish language technology will be phased out and will gradually disappear.
Bill   Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 am GMT
<< There is not and there has NEVER been an American Empire in the first place. >>

Technically speaking this is true, there is however a defacto American Empire.