I'm very interested in know how do you learnt or
how are you doing to learn a language?
What do you reommend? What is very useful? What is very
efficient? And how and why? What is important for you and
why?

For me, as the software SuperMemo is the best method to
who is starting to learn like me.
The use of Word Lists is very useful.
I like the softwares that has Quiz, helps memorize very much, I think this is the best way to take a vocabulary.
Read, read and read text in English with a
dictionary all the time, mostly to read the phonetic
transcription.
Forums of languages is very useful. Softwares and sites that have a translation tool to teach you too.

I tried using software that uses association with images,
this does not work with me.
Courses on CD, grammar books, and a bunch of other softwares, the majority is a rubbish.
Beginner   Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:01 am GMT
Ahhh! For me, if you isn't motivated, a good way is attend courses of language in class, depending of school is very
cool and motivating, but the hard work, is only with you, and you will need other means beyond than go to school to learn.
Laura Braun   Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 am GMT
My method is very simple. Watching movies with subtitles. I took favorite movie and watch it until I get to know it by heart . Then I can speak like my favorite actors. Which is the best way to show off and very useful.
The second method is to have favorite reading. I started with psalm: 139. I read it so many times and I got to know it. Then I start to listen music: I've got to know text of my favorite songs and I've got to know what's that song about.
But the best way f learning English is to get pen pal. I've got several pen pals which I can write about everything in English. They helped me a lot in learning english.
The best way is to get to know native. You can chit chat from morning till tonight. I've got excited when I had such friends. When I didn't know the word I explained what is the word and they told me in english. So I've got to know useful language.
I created several words in english which are my own patent. For example sticks for teeth , which means toothpicks, or dry bread which is bread crumbs.
If you wish to meet native : go to www.paltalk.com. There are so many places which you can find out peolpe who can share your interests.
No study isn't boring until you didn't make it boring. the altarnate method in learning english is to skip the walls and to look beyond walls. You will always find out the way to get english.
Robin Michael   Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 am GMT
As soon as your born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
A working class hero is something to be

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules

When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function you're so full of fear

Keep you doped with religion and sex and tv,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see,

There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
If you want to be like the fool on the hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

Green Day
Working Class Hero lyrics

[John Lennon cover]
Robin Michael   Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:07 am GMT
Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up, now
Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A
Born in the U.S.A, now

Got in a little hometown jam
So they put a rifle in my hands
Sent me off to a foreign land, to go and kill the yellow man
Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A

Come back home to the refinery
Hiring man said "Son if it was up to me"
Went down to see my V.A. man,
He said "Son don't you understand now"
I had a brother at Khe Sahn, fighting off the Viet cong
They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon,
I got a picture of him in her arms, uhh

Down in the shadow of the peni-tentiary
Out by the - gas fires of the - refinery
I'm - ten years burning - down the road
Nowhere to run ain't, got nowhere to go

Born in the U.S.A, I was
Born in the U.S.A, now
Born in the U.S.A, I'm a long gone daddy in the U.S.A, now

Born in the U.S.A
Born in the U.S.A
Born in the U.S.A, I'm a cool rockin' daddy, I'm a U.S.A., now

Born In The U.S.A. Lyrics
Artist(Band):Bruce Springsteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVzHm_S0-A
Beginner   Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:28 pm GMT
Laura Braun, I liked of her tips.
But what you did at the beginning to learn English?
Because these tips are more for people in an advanced stage.
Laura Braun   Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm GMT
OK I started with that: the first answer to that question : why do I need English? I was motivated, because at the place I go I have to speak in English otherwise I should be out of any conversation, I need a good work (if I knew English I would dream for better work). So I was quite motivated. Then I went to British Council and believe me - they took such amount of money , so I thought If I waste this money and I don't learn nothing - shame on me. That's really good motivation to learn English.
So my method was very simple: lessons in The British council was not enough - 2 times per week for three months. I asked if teacher can help me and he gave me a tape with lessons. I was listening that tape every single day plus I was watching at the text in a book which was absolutely important for me. When I didn't know some words I wrote them on small papers which was with the meaning of that word. I started to repeat the tape days and nights. Till I didn't know not only what is said , but I could easily imitate voices. I could be a secretary, I could be a polish man or an irish girls, I could visit Ireland in my dreams , to kiss the Blarney stone (the iris gift of eloquence and ability to talk), I was in Limerick, I was drinking beer in a pub....(it was only in my dream). I mean I started to believe that I can have my dream in real. I can travel. I can talk in english. Of course in a moment... I had to finish with my dreams, because I found dream job. But I said to myself. Engish lessons are not enough. How can I find people to talk. And then in 2003 I found antimoon. I was shy then, I thought everyone is going to laugh at my english and then I chose male's name Marlon Brando. The story was funny at the moment when others discovered that I'm not a male. But that's the other story. Let me continue....
In a moment I recognized what was my problem, it was grammar and absent of vocabulary. But I didn't gave up. Sometimes life is unpredictable. Now I know that english is something like a clue to understand other cultures even if you don't know other languages wherever you go at least there will be someone who is going to know several words. My advice for you: do not gave up. There is nothing impossible.
Start with simple text - article in a magazine. Read it several times, get words which you don't know. Read it loudly only to hear how does it sound you voice. Then.. get some favorite music. You can google it and to get the text. Movie - do you have favorite one. I have one - A beautiful mind I watched it so many times that I can tell you in any moment for what they talk about even without listening. I can get the meaning of the words only from moving of actors mouth.
I hope that my advices were useful. Have a nice evenings.
beginner   Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 pm GMT
Thanks very much!
Guest   Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:27 am GMT
Do you have a profile on www.paltalk.com ?
H   Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:32 am GMT
<I hope that my advices were useful.>
With respect, a small correction: "advice" is uncountable, so it is only used in the singular.
K. T.   Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:23 am GMT
"Laura Braun, I liked of her tips."

You should leave out "of" here.