Which is this language?

Gandalf   Sat May 23, 2009 11:15 pm GMT
Can you tell me which is this language?

http://www.goear.com/listen/3a2da8b/jim-maria-del-mar-bonet
Nova Tabarca   Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 am GMT
Maria del Mar Bonet is one of the greatest Catalan language singers. She is from the island of Mallorca and, therefore, has a Mallorcan Catalan accent. She mainy sings folk songs but she also has sung jazz -as here- and others.

You can look her up in the Internet.

Catalan is spoken in Catalonia, the Balearic Islands and the Country of Valencia (País Valencià) where it is also known as Valencian, mostly in Spain but with smaller territories in Andorra, Rosselló (south of France) and l'Alguer (Sardinia, Italy).

I am from the south of the Valencian country, south of Alacant (Alicante) and I understand every word. Catalan is my home language and the language I use the most every day:

Jim no em porta mai les flors que prefereixo
Jim no em diu mai que m'ho mereixo

Jim never brings me my favourite flowers
Jim never tells me I deserve it...
¡Viva Franco!   Sun May 31, 2009 7:19 am GMT
El español es mucho mejor que el catalán. Ojalá Franco hubiera hecho más para reprimir su uso.
varos   Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 am GMT
El español es mucho mejor que el catalán

Franco tiene razón, el español es mucho más sencillo y lógico que el catalán
Nova Tabarca   Sun May 31, 2009 4:27 pm GMT
Some of our Spanish speaking friends from Spain -I imagine- just can't cope with Catalan, the second most widely used language in Spain and the first in a great part of rich, civilised, Eastern Spain. Isn't it a real pity? The fact is some of them can't even translate their thoughts into English.

What can you expect from anybody signing "Long Live Franco" a dictator who has been dead for 34 years!

Catalan is as beautiful a language as Castilian Spanish or any other language of the world. We don't have a problem. Some of you do have one.