electricity

Another Guest   Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:24 pm GMT
<<For years, many folks here at antimoon have been clamoring for English spelling reform, so here it is. Be careful of what you ask for.>>

There's a difference between reform and change. Spelling reform is supposed to make words easier to read, not harder. And he isn't even consistent, writing "wht" in one instance and "wot" in another (the latter apparently being an eye-dialect rendering of a non-standard pronunciation).
bubbus   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 am GMT
<<What sort of Engliish is this? Does it have a name? >>

It sort of resembles the "lolcats" dialect or style:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat
Uriel   Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:17 am GMT
I think that it's better to understand that there may be all kinds of people on here than to nitpick every little detail. Not everyone is interested in perfect grammar, spelling, and the finer points of English; sometimes someone is just dropping by to ask a few questions and move on. Sometimes that's all they want out of it, and that's okay. If it's a legitimate question, I'll answer it to the best of my ability. Why be a snob about it? People are at all different levels of interest and proficiency. That's their business, not mine.
Caspian   Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 am GMT
There are many kinds of people here - but one would assume that, as native English speakers or indeed otherwise, they have learnt how to write!

You see, I did both: I answered the question, t h e n I was a snob!
Uriel   Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:15 pm GMT
Well, we expect nothing less from you, Cas! ;P