Please forward to whom it may concern

.   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 am GMT
The Megabus Experience: Why is Scotland shite?

Tibetan Monks - Glastonbury - and the Megabus experience

I have just come back from my tour of Southern England. Strangely enough, the high light of the trip was Glastonbury - and in particular - the Tibetan monks.

On the way back I caught the Megabus from Edinburgh Airport to Aberdeen. If anyone is thinking of making this trip I would advise you to get the train via 'Trainline' or 'Scotrail'.

The Megabus experience is like going back in time to the fifties. Alternatively you could imagine that you are in a Communist country. The coaches are old and filthy. The journey is made up of various stops in the middle of no-where in which you are not allowed to take any coach that is going in your particular direction, but the one you are authorised to travel on. When this arrives late, the driver explains he works for another company, and the ticket which you also got from another company is not suitable - very Kafkaesque.

Imagine travelling by Megabus to catch a plane!

Dear Roger

This is a forum for the English language. When I got my ticket from the Park and Ride Coach office near the Forth Bridge, the ticket said "2 Pax". You can study English as long as you like, but you are unlike to come across a word like 'Pax' being used on a bus ticket. I should hasten to add that "2 Pax" was hand written.

How is a foreigner supposed to navigate Megabus land with its incomprehensible language?

I asked the author of "2 Pax", what 'Pax' referred too. He replied, as if it was obvious, 'Passengers'. Oh, of course! why didn't I think that - Pax is short for Passengers.

"WHY WE HATE MEGABUS?"

Megabus is a subsidiary of Stagecoach. They hit on a great idea to raise money. Why not introduce 'Yellow Buses' for school children in the UK? This seems like a ground breaking idea. It rather ignores the fact that children have been travelling to school on coaches for years. So around Aberdeen there are one or two specially imported 'Yellow Buses' as seen in 'The Simpsons'.

Yellow bus for schools 'could cut roads chaos' - Education News ...

www.independent.co.uk/.../yellow-bus-for-schools-could-cut-roads-chaos-928703.html