Languages in Internet

......   Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:31 am GMT
According to: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm, English is the most used language in Internet.

But, what will it happen in the future when more and more Chinese can use internet? Chinese will be the first language in internet, because it is the country with largest polpulationin the world.

And how many people really use Internet? For example, acording to Chinanews, Beijing, June 5:

-the 65% of young people who use internet is to play online games.
-15.65% of them also believe Internet is very helpful to their studies.
-17.89% use it as a tool of communication. etc...
ispo   Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:36 am GMT
<<But, what will it happen in the future when more and more Chinese can use internet? Chinese will be the first language in internet, because it is the country with largest polpulationin the world.>>

Yes, but Chinese internet sucks because you can't visit anything good. You can't even find out reliable information because of censorship.

Anyway, I don't see how the number of users is at all relevant. If the number of speakers of a given language is not that important, the number of internet users in one language is even less important. There may well be more Chinese internet users than any other, but still I have NEVER ONCE visited a Chinese site, and I have been using the internet since the early days. I guess that says it all about how relevant other language internet spheres are.