flaming

user   Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:44 pm GMT
what's the deal with the phrase 'flaming liberal?'
Robin Michael   Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 am GMT
Flaming

Flaming (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board.

'Flaming Liberal'

Flaming is being used as a swear word. It could be replaced by 'bloody' or a huge variety of other swear words.
user   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 am GMT
I'm very thankful for your replys. But how you manage to confuse me every time you provide me with an answer remains a mystery to me.
guest   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 am GMT
is there a connecting between a flaming homosexual and a flaming liberal?
CID   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:56 am GMT
<<is there a connecting between a flaming homosexual and a flaming liberal? >>

Yes. In both contexts "flaming" means "extravagant"/"over the top"
Skippy   Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:57 am GMT
CID is correct. It's not a swear word.
Robin Michael   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 am GMT
user Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 am GMT

I'm very thankful for your replys. But how you manage to confuse me every time you provide me with an answer remains a mystery to me.

Dear 'User'

(replies) - This spelling mistake tells me that you are genuine.

Uriel is very good, she writes like an English Teacher, or a Teacher of English as Foreign Language.

Damian is a journalist (or aspiring journalist), he writes for the sake of writing.

I am glad that you appreciate my posts. There are some people around like 'a demotivator' who do not seem to have anything positive to contribute.

I understand what you are saying. However you have to remember that I am writing primarily for my own pleasure (like Damian), rather than in a professional capacity (like Uriel).

Someone from a local 'Community Group' said that I talked in 'riddles'. At one time, that would have been regarded as being a compliment.

What I should do; is say something.

STOP

See what the response is.

What I tend to do is have a conversation with myself.

Bye for now

Robin Michael
Robin Michael (corrected)   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 am GMT
user Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 am GMT

Dear 'User'
(replies) - This spelling mistake tells me that you are genuine. Uriel is very good, she writes like an English Teacher, or a Teacher of English as Foreign Language. Damian is a journalist (or aspiring journalist), he writes for the sake of writing. I am glad that you appreciate my posts. There are some people around like 'a demotivator' who do not seem to have anything positive to contribute. I understand what you are saying. However you have to remember that I am writing primarily for my own pleasure (like Damian), rather than in a professional capacity (like Uriel).

Someone from a local 'Community Group' said that I talked in 'riddles'. At one time, that would have been regarded as being a compliment. What I should do; is say something. STOP See what the response is. What I tend to do is have a conversation with myself.

Bye for now
Robin Michael
Laurna Braun   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 am GMT
“Sure I talk in riddles,” said the King of the Fairy. “What other way is there to talk. Riddles are the only sensible way to talk.”

“If you teach us a new riddle that any of us cannot answer then you can go home."

Aggie began to feel upset. She began to feel afraid that she might not find a new riddle that would free her to go home.

No one had ever told the King of the Fairies that he was unkind. Worst of all no one had ever implied that the riddles of the King were stupid.

It had been so long since anyone mortal or immortal had come up with a riddle worth answering.

Silence fell as Aggie spoke her riddle.

“What is the shortest and longest
journey that only the blind who
can see must go on?”

You see the journey to the heart is the shortest and longest journey you will ever take. If you are blinded by reason alone you will not be able to see through the heart. You will not be wise. This is the journey you must take if you are to know what it truly means to be happy.

Aggie made her way home. On entering the living room Aggie`s mother asked, “Where have you been for so long?” Aggie replied, “Oh nowhere and everywhere.” Her mother looked at this five-year-old child and said nothing but shook her head. “Sometimes,” thought Aggie McPartland`s mother, “my child talks in riddles.”

http://www.irishblessingsmatter.com/story_talking_in_riddles.html
.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am GMT
'Laura Braun', not Laurna Braun
Damian Putney SW15   Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:37 pm GMT
***However you have to remember that I am writing primarily for my own pleasure (like Damian)***

Absolutely spot on, you are right on the button.....I find Antimoon to be a kind of refuge, a haven and a sanctuary. I use it as a medicinal stress buster in which I can indulge my passion for the written English word happy in the knowledge that I don't have to worry about deadlines and fretful, fearful bosses and obnoxiously odious people.

I admit to being outrageously verbose in this Forum, that I hardly ever keep to the topic in hand, rarely check back through what I've written, being so used to automatic grammar and spelling checkers, and often all done in too much haste anyway with an eye on the clock as I'm due to be off elsewhere fifteen minutes ago.

As you say...all done for pleasure, and I never seem to get officially and sternly moderated in here anyway, so what the hell. And any personal insults or brickbats slung at me in this Forum is like water of the proverbial duck's back as far as I'm concerned.........it's absolutely impossible to survive as a sensitive journalist...there really is no such creature.

Did you know that among the British public at large the least respected professionals after politicians are journalists?
Robin Michael   Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:47 am GMT
Dear Damian

I was very impressed with your Post on Bournemouth under the Topic heading of "Percentage of Rhotic and Non-Rhotic speakers?"

***Is 'Burn mouth' and 'Bourne mouth' the same word, pronounced differently?***

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t14408.htm
Uriel   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:23 am GMT
Well, thanks for telling me that I sound like an English teacher, but I'm certainly no such thing, and I write just as much for pleasure as everyone else!
Uriel   Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:57 pm GMT
The definition of flaming is me! I'm very, very, blatantly gay.