I love Italian

re-fried bean   Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:43 pm GMT
Milan is an industrial city in the likes of Pittsburgh or Detroit, there is no charm in it whatsoever. It's an ugly, gray and polluted city.

That is precissely what makes Milan beautiful and different r because Milan contrasts to the rest of Italian cities like Venice or Florence which are excessively pretty, even a bit gay.
to re-fried bean, i belie   Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 am GMT
Alberto da Giussano   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 pm GMT
Xavi   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 am GMT
Northern Italy need independence as much as we catalans do. Big national states are prisons. I´m not talking about nationalism or imposing a myth, but about secession as a tool to improve living standards. The so called "solidarity" has only created dependence on public spending and the work of others, has created mountains of debt, and has not succeed in making the "poor" richer. Spain and Italy are good examples. Also is Belgium or even Germany. Ask western germans if they would like to split from ex-DDR and get surprised

"Small is beautiful and efficient"
Milano   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:47 am GMT
"Small is beautiful and efficient"

Hence Barcelona city plus the metropolitan area , which are predominantly Spanish speaking in contrast to the rest of Catalonia, would be more efficient than a bigger Catalan nation. State-cities in Italy were quite thriving nations during the Medieval Ages.
HATE ITALY   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 am GMT
I'm living in milano, italy for tree ears.
the city is totally provincial, gray and ugly.
Italian language, well I tought it was beautiful and romantic before I came here, now when I learnded it, it's kind of discusting and ugly.
Italians are close, uneducated and ignorant.
they dont speak any other language expect their precious italian, wich is actually dialect from tuscany from wich they made the "lingua italiana" distroynig all other regional languages.
italy is totaly disorganised country.
no laws, no rules, berlusconi taking the place of some kind of dictator,
mafia, crime, sex slavery everywhere!
thenk god, from next year I'm moving to the Netherlands!
bye, bye messy itay forewer!
Hate Latin America   Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 am GMT
HATE ITALY (Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 am GMT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate Spain, and of course, hate Latin America more.

I'm living in Mexico city, Mexico for several years.
Bye Bye   Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:20 am GMT
the city is totally provincial, gray and ugly.
Italian language, well I tought it was beautiful and romantic before I came here, now when I learnded it, it's kind of discusting and ugly.
Italians are close, uneducated and ignorant.
they dont speak any other language expect their precious italian, wich is actually dialect from tuscany from wich they made the "lingua italiana" distroynig all other regional languages.
italy is totaly disorganised country.
no laws, no rules, berlusconi taking the place of some kind of dictator,
mafia, crime, sex slavery everywhere!
thenk god, from next year I'm moving to the Netherlands!
bye, bye messy itay forewer!

bye bye The Netherlands is perfect for you! The flattest and dullest country in Europe. Milan is not real Italy actually. The Italian beauty is elsewhere: Rome. Florence, Siena Venice, Umbria, Tuscany, Amalfi Riviera, Sardinia, Sicily. If you think the weather in Milan is grey and ungly, the Dutch one is much worse: chilly, rainy, foggy and cloudy even in Summer. I was there in August last year and I had to put on my winter jacket!! BYe bey and pick up some tulips for me! By the way you'll only find them in greengardens
Guest   Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:50 pm GMT
the Dutch one is much worse: chilly, rainy, foggy and cloudy even in Summer

Yeah, I was shocked when I first visited Holland. I live in Southern Europe and I thought that by definition summers must be sunny and hot. I can stand cold and snowy winters, unless temperatures don't fall below -10 ºC it's fine for me, but I could not get used to such strange summers.
Al   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 pm GMT
^Milan really is not the part of Italy one should spend most of his/her time in if they wish to travel to Italy. Go to Rome, Tuscany (esp. Florence), Venice, Umbria (where Assisi is), the Amalfi coast/Capri, and Sicily (Sicily is not dangerous or crime-ridden as some believe).

Milan is more hustle-bustle and concentrated on work. The other areas are much more laid-back and contain far more natural and artistic/architectural beauty. The weather is also more typically Mediterranean from Tuscany on down, which tends to add to the charm.

Italy truly does contain a great deal of regional diversity, on par with Spain I'd say. Each region has its own very unique linguistic dialect (almost different enough to be considered separate Romance languages), but this is changing as the dialect of Rome is becoming the standard Italian at the expense of all others, even though the Tuscan dialect is actually the original standard Italian.

Save the Netherlands trip for when you feel like getting a little crazy with your friends.
Lombard Lombardi   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am GMT