Olympic Games 2016

Xie   Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 am GMT
I'm indifferent. Probably Japanese will be the best for most Chinese since we only have 1 hour of time zone difference.
bouba   Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 am GMT
Soory, i don't vote because i don't give a shit about the olympic games
Marcellus Minimus   Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:43 am GMT
<<After all, he will be long gone in 2016 anyway. >>

Theoretically, Barack Obama could still be President in the summer of 2016, although normally a lame duck Democrat President would have yielded the spotlight to the new Democrat Party presidential candidate (Hillary Clinton?) by that time.
Alessandro   Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:32 pm GMT
Madrid Vs. Rio
/*-   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm GMT
Congratulations Rio de Janeiro
Virey Putta   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm GMT
A gente se vê na Favelândia.
Sejam bem-vindos...
Lula   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:01 pm GMT
Portuguese wins out over Spanish. Congratulations Lula!
Harman   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:15 pm GMT
Congratulations evinora, beware with OG corruption.
Harman   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 pm GMT
By the way, everybody can see Brazil wants and can leadership Latin america. Lula talks about south america O.G., not only Brazil O.G.
Franco   Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:24 pm GMT
Madrid was way better candidate than Rio, but since 1950 there is continent rotation.
Lula   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:29 pm GMT
Franco 66 votes to 32.
Franco   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:42 pm GMT
Do you really think that Rio is technically better that not only Madrid, but Tokyo and Chicago? Come on. Rio is a third world country with worse infraestructures and literally millions of people living in favelas. Olympic Games are never hosted two consecutive times in the same continent: Asia(88)-Europe(92)-America(96)-Oceania(00)-Europe(04)-Asia(08)-Europe(2012).... That is the reason why Rio was chosen instead of Madrid. Anyways congratulations. I hope the Games help Rio to improve . Madrid is already first class city and does not need a big stimulus like the Games to progress.
Lula   Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 pm GMT
Now Franco you're being sensible. They're going to improve their infraestructures a lot so I'm happy for Brasil even i'm spaniard and i would've liked Madrid to win.
Franco   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 pm GMT
I am not happy nor sad because I don't care Brasil so much. Also hosting the Games in Madrid is not that a big deal for people like me who live there (prices would rise...) I only say that the candidate city that won this Olympic Games is not the best prepared one to host the Games. That it received double the votes of Madrid does not mean anything because there are other things that count appart from which city is technically better. Chicago and Tokyo were better but lost due to low popular support and Madrid which was also better but was discarded because there is continent rotation since 1950 . This last thing is a fact my friend, I'm not saying anything that is not true. Paris didn't even propose its candidature due to this and I wonder why Madrid did the contrary. Maybe the Madrilean Major didn't care really and only wanted to receive public funds .
Lula   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 pm GMT
There's always a first time for everything and remember that Tokio is in another continent like Chicago. Nearly a hundred people voting can be wrong!
<<Maybe the Madrilean Major didn't care really and only wanted to receive public funds . >>
Esto sería muy tonto y peregrino aunque conociendo la clase politica española puede que tengas razón.