Arabic language

Student X   Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:16 pm GMT
I'd like to study Arabic, but it is very difficult. At the same time, I don't know if Modern Standard Arabic is useful, because it is not the mother tongue of the population.

Do you think that Arabic will be an important language this century?
Baldewin   Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:22 pm GMT
MSA is good to read their newspapers though, and I guess the dialects don't differ TOO much, so it's a great way to gain entry to more colloqual Arabic for the future.

I don't think Arabic will ever be significant, by the way...
infidel   Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:26 pm GMT
<<Do you think that Arabic will be an important language this century? >>

I guess it depends on how successful the Muslims are in creating their "world-wide caliphate", or whatever it is. If they do manage to convert the whole world to Islam, I suppose Arabic will be of paramount importance.

It's not clear if the Muslims can convert non-PC countries like China, though.
Baldewin   Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:04 am GMT
<<It's not clear if the Muslims can convert non-PC countries like China, though.>>

Or whether the PC-countries will undergo a revolution or not.
ignorant fool   Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm GMT
nope they won't come to any importance. they can't even unify themselves let alone their language. They will just keep fighting and carrying out their despicable jehad until allah comes... boy i would like to see that day. They hate everyone, except allah and their imams that say what they are doing is of 'allah.'
Malibu Queen   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:14 pm GMT
Allah is a son of Lucifer.
lusypher   Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:23 pm GMT
No, allah is a whore.
K. T.   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:03 pm GMT
Not everyone who speaks Arabic is (a) Muslim. If you look at the texts for Arabic, it may be hard to believe that, but I did see one recently that was not a covert invitation to convert to Islam.