The 3 World languages in 2050

Guest User   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:34 pm GMT
Hi, I would like to know which are the languages of the XXI century. You can see an evolution. My point of view:

2000: English, Spanish, French

2050: English, Chinese, Spanish
Harman   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 pm GMT
Who knows....

¿2050 Spanish + Brazilan Portuguese, English, Chinese?
Harman   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm GMT
I forgot tp say than spanish and brazilian portuguese are more closer than mandarin chinese and cantones chinese for example.
doomsayer   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 pm GMT
2050: Chinese, Arabic, Spanish

Much depends on how aggressive China becomes. If they've eliminated everyone except the Han Chinese from the planet by 2050, Chinese will be the only important language. I suppose Chinese might start breaking up soon after the world conquest is complete, however.
fraz   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 pm GMT
English. Chinese

And lets not forget that the world's biggest country will be commanding much of the energy reserves. Oh yes, Russian will be right up there.
Russia   Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 pm GMT
<,And lets not forget that the world's biggest country will be commanding much of the energy reserves. Oh yes, Russian will be right up there. >>

No they won't be controlling anything. Just yesterday they sold over the rights to develop their energy fields to Chinese companies. China won't invade Russia like many talk about but they will steal their natural resources none the less.
fraz   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:25 am GMT
doomsayer

2050: Chinese, Arabic, Spanish

Much depends on how aggressive China becomes. If they've eliminated everyone except the Han Chinese from the planet by 2050, Chinese will be the only important language. I suppose Chinese might start breaking up soon after the world conquest is complete, however.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Only in your stupid dream ......
Languages Master   Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:06 am GMT
English, Chinese and Spanish.

All experts in languages say that. Experts in languages also predicted the decline of French language. That's right too.

1900. French, the most important language

1950, French, the second World language, after English

2000, French is third, after English and Spanish

2050, French is fourth or fifth, after English, Chinese, Spanish and probably Arabic.
Muhmed   Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 am GMT
English,
Spanish,
Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic),
simon   Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:16 am GMT
I think French will be extinct by 2050 after France is conquered by Spain and incorporated into the Catalonian Atonomous Region.
zero french spanish world   Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 am GMT
I think French and Spanish will become extinct by 2050 after a war between the French speakers and the Spanish speakers. They will wipe out each other in this war and a new peaceful world ensue after that.
Harman   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:24 pm GMT
He he he, zero is right some french and spanish people can't live and let live perhaps because we are neighbords. Some people are good neighbords others not.
Perhaps if we move spain or france to asia will be peace at last and there won't be a need of an extinction.
I'm spaniard anyway.
Alessandro   Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 pm GMT
English
Mauricio   Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:47 pm GMT
Which is the second language in China, English, Russian or Japanese?
visitor user   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:30 am GMT
Hi, I would like to know which are the languages of the XXI century. You can see an evolution. My point of view:

2000: English, French, Russian

2050: English, French, Russian