Interesting and important languages

Guest   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 pm GMT
Swedish is an interesting language. There are a lot of important Swedish companies like IKEA or Volvo, but it is only spoken by 9 million people. It is not important.

On the other hand, Hindi is an important language (very spoken), but it is not interesting. Indian people prefer to use English as bussiness language.

So, my question is, which languages are at the same time interesting and important for you?
Shitmo   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 pm GMT
English, Spanish, French.

Maybe Italian and German.
What I don't like about German is that it lacks contemporary pop music stars. There are bands like Tokio Hotel, but I don't like them at all.
K. T.   Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 am GMT
This question has a twist: Interesting AND important...

How did you become interested in Swedish, and why? Did you study German first?
subjective   Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 am GMT
No. This questions is just as stupid as the rest of this ilk. Interesting is 100% subjective and hence adds nothing to the question.

<<On the other hand, Hindi is an important language (very spoken), but it is not interesting. Indian people prefer to use English as bussiness language. >>

I disagree. I am a great fan of the graffiti written with green ink at a height of 1.4m above the ground in Indian public toilets (only ones with 3 or more cubicles), hence Hindi is a very interesting language for me.
The same Guest   Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 pm GMT
Oh, You didn't understand.

I mean to say interesting (to find a job) as economic language (I said that Sweden has a lot of companies, as Volvo or IKEA, but is not spoken.

So, Hindi is important or very spoken but not economic because Indians prefer to use English.