Is Windows 7 an improvement?

Robin Michael   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 am GMT
This is a history of my computer equipment up to the present day. The reason why it is confusing is because it has been transferred from Topic that has been sabotaged.

You can appreciate that I am not going to spend time producing something that is easy to read if people sabotage what I am doing.

Robin Michael Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:39 am GMT

People sometimes accuse me of not being the real McCoy. But surely when I use a word like 'chuntering' to describe my old computer I am establishing my credentials.

Returning to my old computer (Gateway No 2) makes me realise how much nicer my new one was. However the old one is not that bad. The reason why I changed was because I felt that there was an accumulation of errors that I could not resolve. Rather than spend a lot of time trying to resolve these errors, one night when I was in Tesco I saw a Medion computer with a quad processor at a reduced price, so I bought it.

I get confused over what computers I have got and what software I have got and where everything is. Before I had my Medion computer I had two Gateway computers, one I bought at Tesco at a reduced price, and the other one I bought at Toys 'R' Us at a reduced price. I have bought more memory and better graphics cards to get them up to speed. The second Gateway computer I bought partly because it had Windows Vista. I am not quite sure what happened but possibly I have been running two computers on one copy of Windows Vista.

I think that my first Gateway computer had Windows XP which I upgraded to Windows Vista. I then had problems when the time ran out on the upgrade trial.

These two Gateway computers were not much faster than my Jal computer which I bought from a mail order firm in Stoke. That computer, which I have still got, ran Windows XP. Whenever I use it, I am surprised at how fast and convenient it is. The reason why I decided to get a new computer, when I had the Jal computer, was because the power supply failed. At first I did not realise it was the power supply and I attacked the switches. But eventually I got a very superior power supply.
That Guy   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 am GMT
Cool story bro.
Robin Michael   Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 am GMT
I am using my Gateway (2) computer at the moment. All the time I am using it, there is the sound of something going on. I find it a bit disconcerting. CPU usage around 20 to 30 percent, when I am doing nothing. Something is not right.

I am very pleased that I have got my external hard drive.
Edward Teach   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:37 am GMT
Who cares? thats like 3 threads about windows 7. You are a fucking total loser.
almost blancq   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 am GMT
<<Who cares? thats like 3 threads about windows 7. You are a fucking total loser. >>

The Windows 7 threads are more interesting than many others around here:

- Is it OK to call French people frogs
- Is it OK to call Hispanics dung beatle
- Learn Arabic Languages online with a private teacher (2 of these)
- Hispanics altered Wikipedia again
Edward Teach   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 am GMT
If you consider Windows 7 to be an interesting conversation topic , Then i suggest you re-evaluate your life.
almost blancq   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:22 am GMT
<<If you consider Windows 7 to be an interesting conversation topic , Then i suggest you re-evaluate your life. >>

Perhaps you could start a more interesting topic, that will divert our attention away from Windows 7, and the faliing Netgear thing.

For the time being, it looks like Robin has captured the attention of most of us in her the English subforum.
animal   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:25 am GMT
<<You can appreciate that I am not going to spend time producing something that is easy to read if people sabotage what I am doing. >>

What? You're a retard and I would be so happy if you died. Nobody appreciates you!
Edward Teach   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 am GMT
Robin capturing attention? I can only hope you are being ironic.
Robin Michael   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:48 am GMT
I tried to start a topic on another subject but I could not because of the three topics in twenty four hours rule