Just ignore it!

/   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 pm GMT
If you answer any offensive topic, it stays in circulation. The best tactic is to let these topics drop off the screen. I think that it is very sad that people are so offensive.
/   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:20 pm GMT
The only other thing; is to try to find out who is posting at Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 pm GMT

That way you have some idea who your enemy is. That does not really solve the problem.
Caspian   Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 pm GMT
Yes, that's a good idea. Or, of course, we could ask Tom whether the server logs IP addresses when somebody posts - I'll create a new thread asking him now. It's sad that we have to put up with this kind of offence really.
Uriel   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:39 pm GMT
It's called Get a Regular Moderator Already. Seriously.

The troll topics are easy to avoid. However, if a troll posts their crap in the middle of a thread, I will go on with the thread as if it weren't there, because I'm interested in the conversation despite the rude intrusion.
Caspian   Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 pm GMT
Yes, I try to do that too but it's hard when you have to scroll down several thousand lines to see the next message, because somebody's posted swastikas there. It's also illegal.
I like your use of 'already'^^
Laura Braun   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:34 pm GMT
<<<If you answer any offensive topic, it stays in circulation. The best tactic is to let these topics drop off the screen>>>. No it isn't until Tom not create accounts and everyone is going to log in . That's what I have seen everywhere. Tom , you have to serve to someone. MJD, I know that you have the rights in this forum, think about log in system, it's better for you both. It's the question of moral standard.
BEEF   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 pm GMT
There are only 7 or 8 regular posters, if you set up a log in system only half will probalby stay around. So what are you 4 people gonna do all day? Lick eachother's tunnels? Not to mention that there will be no more quick type questions, because people wont bother log in just to post one question.
Caspian   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm GMT
Cookies enable your browser to stay logged in. There are also many more than 8 regular posters, if you count.
Laura Braun   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm GMT
I bet that if you see something like that regarding your personality you will think about log in system , OK http://antimoon.com/forum/t15102.htm
Caspian   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm GMT
Cookies enable your browser to stay logged in. There are also many more than 8 regular posters, if you count.
Uriel   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:10 pm GMT
Ah, you're getting used to my idiomatic usage of "already" already! Excellent!

Why would posting swastikas be illegal, though? I never think of them as more than slightly tedious -- oh, look; someone's discovered the Dingbats font. How clever of them.

And we normally have far more than 8 posters -- seems like only the diehards have stuck it out in the absence of moderation. We used to have a lot more learners and casual users, but they have melted away since the trolling got heavy. Can't really blame them. But don't count on Tom to change his mind about registration -- this has happened before, even to greater extremes, and he's weathered the storm without changing his philosophy. Not sure why he's so opposed to it, either, since it's the norm everywhere else, but there you go. His forum, his rules.
Guest   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:29 pm GMT
<It's sad that we have to put up with this kind of offence really. >

It's just noise on the line + a few shapes. It's as offensive as you choose to allow it to be.
Antimooner K. T.   Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 pm GMT
"Why would posting swastikas be illegal, though? I never think of them as more than slightly tedious"-Uriel

I was thinking along the same line. It's just "young Prince Harry" syndrome. On the other hand, I am not a Holocaust survivor or one of their descendants. It's probably very offensive to some people.

We can take a lot of symbols and ban them, but that's going overboard.
If anything should be banned it should be agressive racial attacks, or vicious name calling.
UNESCO of the internet   Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:12 am GMT
Basically, there are 1000s of forums with registration, feel free to join one ot them. There is a handful with no registration.

It needs to be preserved as a relic from another time, part of the cultural heritage of the internet. Think of it as preserving a unique disappearing culture with an endangered language.

If there is a UNESCO of the internet, this site needs to be recognised! LOL!
Robin Michael   Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:30 am GMT
It's also illegal.
I like your use of 'already'^^

I picked up on the 'already' controversy and the 'illegal' controversy.

Denying the Holocaust is illegal in Germany and Austria, and I think that this is where the illegal comes in. Interestingly when the BNP (British National Party) MEP (Member of European Parliament) was on Question Time (BBC TV) he refused to answer certain questions because he said that he might be in breach of the law. The Home Secretary, Jack Straw was right next to him, and Jack Straw stated that he would not be in breach of British Law. If Nick Griffin wanted to discuss his fascist views on British TV he could, if the television companies were prepared to give him a platform.

BNP Nick Griffin on BBC Question Time Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iKfrY9l2kY

I hope you have a look at the You Tube clip. It is genuinely very interesting, at least to me.

Most forums that require people to sign in have a very familiar look and feel. I prefer the look and feel of the Antimoon Forum.

A minor aside: in Tesco this evening I had a minor brush with the Russian mafia. Russian women trying to take all the discounted food. Amazing! No wonder the car auction in Aberdeen has been closed down.