BrE and AmE inevitably together?

Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:48 pm GMT
Pink Floyd? I've heard of them but I'm not too sure about this but are they not on display in the British Museum now? Should anyone give me any of their CDs I'd probably toss them into a roaring furnace, too.

It's strange how the American English accent generally, but of course not absolutely, seems to be perceived differently on the European Continent than it does here in the UK....in general terms as I say. Or do you think that some Continentals do actually view the American English accent negatively? If so perhaps it may be for different reasons than those expressed here.

It seems to me that here in the UK the older people are they less they like the American English accent, but there again, not absolutely so.
Uriel   Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 am GMT
<<As a Star Wars fan, I am insulted by your suggestion that I don't know who James Earl Jones is. :) >>

Thank god! I was worried when you included him in the "must cover ears when speaking group"! He doesn't sound British to me.

Damian, I'm appalled -- Pink Floyd rocks! As do Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Cream, the Who, and even your fellow Scot Donovan (okay, well he was too psychedelic to rock, exactly....) Can't be knockin' them because they came before -- they laid the groundwork!
Tom   Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:20 pm GMT
Damian:
I'll have you know you are in violation of this site's terms of service, as specified here:
http://www.antimoon.com/forum/aboutforum.htm

Consider this your final and only warning.

Uriel:
James Earl Jones affected a British accent in Star Wars, that's why I had to cover my ears :)
Guest+   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm GMT
Finally. The mystery of the name 'Antimoon' solved. Hooray!

Eclipse
(Waters) 2:04

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm GMT
Warning taken on board....I will do my very best to abide by all the rules of Antimoon and to regularly and humbly pay due reverence to Pink Floyd at every opportunity.

Please disregard all postings made by me prior to this one made before I saw your warning).

(Spoken in my very best and unnaturally assumed American accent...I can't tell you how much that pains me! All future posts will be effected in my own Scottish accent, which is, of course, British - so time to cover up your ears again!)
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 pm GMT
Some of you may wish to don your ear-muffs now.....here comes a British accent along with the (current) British Foreign Secretary, David Miliband......he will soon be winging his way over to Boston, MA, USA, to chat with the American people.....lucky them (meant sarcastically of course)......what exactly do you think he means by the words "unique relationship"? Like I have with my wee dog do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQqc8XGWVQ