God and languages

Christian   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm GMT
We can see that God is Christian.

In the last XXI centuries only four languages were considered the most important ones on Earth:

Latin (the language of the Church)

Spanish, the catholic language

French, another catholic language

and English, the protestant language.

There are other languages, represented by atheist or radical countries like German (Nazi government), Russian (atheist USSR) and China (also an atheist country). These 3 languages never became the most important language.
Baldewin   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 pm GMT
„Leven als God in Frankrijk.“ is a Dutch expression which means "having an easy and comfortable life".
In German they say „Leven wie Gott im Frankreich.“.

It originates from Maximilian of Austria. The expression is barely used/known in French which makes it all the more interesting.
Ruan   Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 pm GMT
I dont want to my language be the more important.
I would kill myself if I spoke Spanish.
i wood choose armenian if i could pick my language.
Surely God blessed me in this way.
La Hostia   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 pm GMT
Chinese language (sino-tibetan) 4,000 years of continuous civilization until 1911, more or less in certain stages.

Russian language (Uralic) descends from the Vikings that colonized Modern-day Russia or Rus as they called it - 9th century.

German and English are Germanic tongues. Even though, English has 60% from its vocabulary directly or indirectly from Latin.

Spanish and French are variants of Latin - vulgar Latin.
Baldewin   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 pm GMT
American English is the language of Pentacostal Bible thumpers.
Ruan   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 pm GMT
"English has 60% from its vocabulary directly or indirectly from Latin. "

where did you get the 60% from?

intuition?
La Hostia   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 pm GMT
God   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:59 am GMT
I speak English.
message   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:17 pm GMT
Christian Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm GMT
There are other languages, represented by atheist or radical countries like German (Nazi government),

If using the name Deutschland is better, because German is included English, Scandinavian, France, etc.
Present   Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am GMT
@ Christian Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm GMT

Classic time
Hebrew (the language of Old Testament)

Ancient time
Greek (the language of New Testament)
Aramaic (the language of New Testament)

Middle Age time
Greek (the language of Greek Orthodox Church)
Coptic (the language of Egypt Church)
Latin (the language of Roman Catholic Church)

Modern time
English, the Protestant language
Spanish, the Catholic language
French, another Catholic language

Hochdeutsch (Nazi government)
Russian? (atheist USSR)
Mandarin (China also an atheist country)
HistoryPro   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 am GMT
Id better u study history guys cause africans,and persians,ottomans had been in the vanguard most part of history.
Even in the cruzades the european countries sent beggars army to pill ottomans castles.
Im not pro-muslins,but hebrew and greek history are shit, until the renaissance only the roman empire deserves to be remembered.
La Hostia   Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 am GMT
">Even in the cruzades the european countries sent beggars army to pill ottomans castles.<"

You are mistaken. The crusades ended before the uprising of the Ottoman Empire (osmanli imparatorgulu). The foundation of the empire began in 1299 - it consolidated itself as an empire and importance in 1453. I think you are referring about the Saljuk Turks - a different dynasty / surname.

">Im not pro-muslins,but hebrew and greek history are shit, until the renaissance only the roman empire deserves to be remembered.<"

The Roman Empire's duration (as an Empire) 44BCE - 1453. It went through some stages, that's a given, but the continuation of the Empire lasted for a 1,000 years +. The West fell but the East survived. Greek history is heavily tied to Roman history. The Romans continued Greek hellenism (culture) in the East, even in the West the elite and the Greek slaves spoke Greek as it was a tongue of civilization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67PpPuj8gM
post   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:52 pm GMT
Middle Age -
Armenian; the language of Armenian Church
Syrian; the language of Nestorian Church whom was missions from Syria, Persia, Central Asia to Far East.
Get Your Facts Right!   Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 pm GMT
I don't know if you know this, but there are more Christians in China than there are in the USA. Look it up!
Franco   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 pm GMT
I don't know if you know this, but there are more Christians in China than there are in the USA. Look it up!

I doubt it. Sources? There are Christians in China, but not many and they are prosecuted by the reds. I bet there are more Muslims than Christians in China. Imagine about a Islamic China, that would be a nightmare.