Cud you tell a guy's age only by his accent and voice?

Shuimo   Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:49 pm GMT
Shuimo is often surprized by what I saw than by what I heard when watching CNN or BBC! That is,many TV journalists/presenters whose voice/accent is pretty appealing to the ears at first often turn out to be such a visual disappointment with their oldie, care-worn face, that I cud hardly bring the voice/accent together with the face !:-(

Why is it so? Is it because folks in the West age more quickly in appearance than in voice/accent(⊙_⊙)?

I don't know how many times Shuimo have been cheated by the ears in cases as such!

Have you got any similar experience to Shuimo's?

Cud you tell a guy's age only by his accent and voice?(⊙o⊙)?
Shuimo   Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm GMT
BTW, I cud easily do that in Shuimo's mother tongue Mandarin Chinese!:-D
Guessed   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:05 am GMT
I have noticed that it is very easy to tell an old Japanese speaker from a young one as well. Maybe it is because Chinese and Japanese both have many different accents that are going out of style which only old people use anymore.
Uriel   Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am GMT
Sometimes, but not always.
Shuimo   Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:48 pm GMT
Guessed Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:05 am GMT
I have noticed that it is very easy to tell an old Japanese speaker from a young one as well. Maybe it is because Chinese and Japanese both have many different accents that are going out of style which only old people use anymore.

--------------------

No! You are miles wrong!

There is no such thing as an accent used specifically by old people here in China!
Jasper   Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:09 pm GMT
Shuimo, I remember years ago asking a coworker to translate for me.

He came back to me and said, "I'm having a great deal of trouble communicating with her because she speaks Old Cantonese."
Shuimo   Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:26 pm GMT
>>He came back to me and said, "I'm having a great deal of trouble communicating with her because she speaks Old Cantonese." <<
That is not accent, but a dying language!
Iron Shiek   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 am GMT
Shuimo YOU ARE NO GOOD MATHER FOCKER FAG WORSE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON. I COULD BEET THE FACK OUT OF YOU WITH MY ONE LITTLE FINGER.

REAL DEAL IRAN #1
Shuimo   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 am GMT
Iron Shiek Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 am GMT
Shuimo YOU ARE NO GOOD MATHER FOCKER FAG WORSE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON. I COULD BEET THE FACK OUT OF YOU WITH MY ONE LITTLE FINGER.

REAL DEAL IRAN #1
------------------

Shuimo feel so sorry for holding such an overwhelming presence in yr mental world!

MJ used to be my idol!
Hossein Khosrow Ali Vazir   Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:48 am GMT
HELLO SIRS HOW ARE YOU?

THIS REAL DEAL MICHAL JACKSON IS JABRONI JEW NO GOOD MADDER FUCKAR
Clari   Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:04 pm GMT
Voice doesn't age like the face, you understand? The opera singer Sarah Brightman is in her late 40s, but her voice just sounds like an angel.
Vinlander   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm GMT
Smoking, drinking coffee, and how much someone talks completely distorts this.