What do you think a liberal democrat should be like?

Shuimo   Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm GMT
What do you think a liberal democrat should be like?
Aren't the liberal democats doing rather fine in this up-coming British election claimed by politicians as the most important of a generation's people?
Damian in Selkirk   Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm GMT
The Liberal Democrat Party: Leader of the Party: Nick Clegg

What a difference a couple of years make……April 2008:

People in the very marginal constituency of Romsey (pronounced: RUM-see) in Hampshire, England:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ProXQbOaaLY&feature=related

Following the Election Debate on Thursday 15 April 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndnelx5d4hI&feature=channel

The Liberal Democrat party currently holds my own home constituency of Edinburgh West, and it now looks more likely than ever that they will continue to do so after the General Election on 06 May 2010.

It remains to be seen whether the British voters generally will be more enamoured of the policies of the Liberal Democrats more than they will be with a leader who is undoubtedly very charismatic and personable. Let’s face it, the most vital feature in any election is substance, not style. I don’t care whether a party leader looks like a Greek God or Quasimodo on a bad hair day so long as he delivers the goods promised in the party manifesto and more some……at least Nick Clegg did say during that debate that it’s action that counts and not words……especially words which they think voters want to hear. He may well win here in Edinburgh West, but I’m not so sure whether he will take the country as a whole……I think it’s a safe bet that he will win in Romsey as well even though those people being interviewed there two years ago hadn’t a clue who he was.
Damian in Selkirk   Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:01 pm GMT
PS: I like Nick Clegg - and I also like the fact that he's lost quite a bit of weight in the time since he became leader of the Liberal Democrats in December 2007...it's so obvious in those two clips. I wonder if he likes marmite......