"I'm done for" meaning?

Lady Gaga   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:03 am GMT
"A trap!...I'm done for"

what does it mean?
Lady Gaga   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 am GMT
and then "There he goes... don't miss", then they shot at him.

so what is the meaning of "there he goes" here?
Another Guest   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 am GMT
Well, it really helps to have the context, but the second one seems rather straightforward. "There" is a pronoun indicating location. "He" is a pronoun indicating a male person. "Goes" is the first person singular of "go", indicating motion. So "There he goes" indicates the location of a male person moving. I.e. "That is the location at which he is going".

The first one is a bit more idiomatic. "Done" means "finished" or "complete". It indicates that there is nothing left. So if a person is "done", that can mean that death is imminent. Putting "for" after the phrase strengthens that meaning. However, it could mean something less dire, such as that the loss of some competition is imminent. E.g. "He's taken both of my rooks and my queen... I'm done for".
danny in russia   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:06 am GMT
If you want to post to this forum, you must agree that you will not post:
7. Trivial vocabulary questions ("What does fragile mean?"). If you don't know what a word means, use a dictionary, for example the Cambridge online dictionary.

Both expressions are fairly common and you could've easily found info on their meanings here - http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/