It's time + ????

Mr.white_beard   Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm GMT
I've just really learnt English for 4 months. I have a lot things to learn. My test I did few days ago, it has an rewrite question that begin with "It's time ". It's hard to me. What's that structure? How many kind of sentence beginning with "It's time"?. Please help me!!!!
Quintus   Sat May 01, 2010 2:11 pm GMT
SAMPLE PHRASE : It's time for us to do this.

ALTERNATE FORM : It's time we did this.

MEANING : We should do this now. The moment has arrived when we should do this.

NOTE : A form such as "It's time we did this" can sometimes have an additional emphasis implying, "It's past time we did this."

OTHER EXAMPLES :

- Is it time to go ?
- No, it's not time yet.
Hey, the movie has started - it's time for some popcorn !
It's really time he stopped teasing that poor kitty cat.
I think it's time for a drink, don't you ?
It's high time they paid their bill.
Look, it's not a good time to joke around - Can't you see I'm very busy ?
Mr.white_beard   Sat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm GMT
What about it's time you deep throated me Quintus..? would that be ok..?
Damian in Edinburgh   Sat May 01, 2010 5:42 pm GMT
It's time to say goodbye......E tempo di dire arrivederci...

Sarah Brightman (from Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, England) and Andre Bocelli (from beautiful, gorgeous Tuscany, in Italy) in the Royal Albert Hall, in London.....it's a shame she couldn't stop pawing him or slobbering over him throughout the performance...I don't know who was the most annoyed at this...the audience or Andre himself...he never looked best pleased at any time...but quite honestly, could you really blame her? He is truly "bellisimo" and no mistake, in spite of his age.

It's time to play "It's time to say goodbye" and now it's time for me to hit the town.....ciao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7rZEKClk4
Quintus   Sat May 01, 2010 6:57 pm GMT
>>What about it's time you deep throated>>

I hardly think so, Mr Hoaxer - and you forgot your hyphen for the verb, dintcha, dearie ?
Uriel   Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 pm GMT
They do rehearse these things, Damian -- I'm sure he could have made her alter the details of her performance (and that was all it was) during rehearsals if it was bothering him. And given that Italians have a reputation for being sort of touchy-feely people anyway, maybe it bothered you, as a Scot, more than it really bothered him. (I was bothered more by his feathered hair, myself -- why, in this day and age????!!!)
Botherd..?   Sat May 01, 2010 8:27 pm GMT
Quintus, go and tell someone who gives a fuck you sausage jokey..!!
Lalla   Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 pm GMT
Damn those Italians are a bunch of retards.
Botherd..?   Sat May 01, 2010 10:45 pm GMT
So are them spanish, they are so fucked in their heads it's crazy..!!!
Entbark   Sun May 02, 2010 1:26 am GMT
That really bothered me too, Damian. Love the song, but don't love watching Sarah perform. (There's no "It's" in the title, by the way!)
Quintus   Sun May 02, 2010 5:26 am GMT
>>Quintus, go and tell someone who gives a>>

Will do, lovey. Will do. There's a dear.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon May 03, 2010 8:09 am GMT
I did realise that, Entbark, but can you think of a song title which goes: "It's time to say goodbye?" I'm sure there must be one lurking in the shadows somewhere....

HAPPY MAY DAY HOLIDAY! Watch out for all the Morris Dancers and flaxen haired kids prancing around the maypole......pity it's become so ****** cold again.....no sign of sturdy swains with fancies lightly turning to thoughts of you know what.....