Semitish: for speakers of Arabic and Hebrew

semitish   Sat May 08, 2010 2:24 pm GMT
What do you guys think of the Semitish language? I don't speak either language so I don't know how it would sound. If I learned it, would I be understood by speakers of Arabic and Hebrew? What does it sound like to you? Is it more like an Esperanto (at first glance, understandable by no one, but can be learned fairly easily by someone that speaks one of the control languages), or is it more like an Interlingua (una lingua que es facil por las personas que parlar una lingua romana, sine estudio de la lingua!), or is it more like Intergermania (I think it's called), which is sort of like Interlingua but relies a lot on "cross-words" where they put words from 2 control languages together so both can understand? I think I could see some cross-words in Semitish in like "lola" for "no" (lo + la). Also, how much does it borrow from Proto-Semitic?
semitish   Sat May 08, 2010 2:56 pm GMT
Now I am trying to analyze it. Is "Todaškar" a cross-word? "toda" is "thanks" in Hebrew. Is "škar" "thanks" in Arabic?

What does "alf" mean?

Does "walaw" exist in Arabic and Hebrew?

kena'am looks like ken+na'am (yes+yes). Is there a more elegant way of doing that? Is there a cognate in the two languages that signifies the affirmative?