How are immigrants seen in Britain?

Matematik   Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 am GMT
<<Only losers who can't find their way move around and there are quite many of them in the UK too. >>

On this site alone there's plenty of Easterns who bad mouth the UK, yet at the same time seek to move here, they're present in this thread and they're present in many threads. Only recently I was speaking to a Romanian on another forum who said he hated British people, yet wished to take up residency in the UK.

Are these people just dumb?
Franco   Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 am GMT
Everybody badmouths the UK, not just the Easterners. Are we all wrong? I doubt it.
Matematik   Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 am GMT
Well, seeing as everyone also wants to move here, I assume you're all thick too.
Franco   Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 am GMT
I would only move to UK to shoot a few English.
person   Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am GMT
<<Only recently I was speaking to a Romanian on another forum who said he hated British people, yet wished to take up residency in the UK.

Are these people just dumb? >>

they just envy. and there are many people who hate US and try to get a green card, many Arabs who hate France (from ex-French colonies) but move to France, many ex-Soviet citizens who hate Russia and go there etc.

So, there are many of such sick people around, just ignore them.
Irony   Mon May 17, 2010 11:22 am GMT
Its a sure bet that person has never visited a single one of the countries he just mentioned or spoke to more than a handful of different nationalities.

Trying to claim that everyone shares nation wide views of where they would like to live is extremely naive.
Rule Britannia   Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 am GMT
"Everybody badmouths the UK, not just the Easterners. Are we all wrong? I doubt it."

The UK is like a slumbering giant at the moment. It does not need to concern itself with petty annoyances, but when it awakes you'll know about it.
Carlos I de EspaƱa   Mon May 17, 2010 3:51 pm GMT
<< Are these people just dumb? >>

Quite the contrary.
They just want money.
Only a dumb person would fail to see that.
James the Thrilla   Mon May 17, 2010 4:18 pm GMT
I would like visit UK. I am just a good criminal. I want cut and stub people in London, Bristol and Brighton for all they've done to my grandparents in Africa... :P
Brian from Devon   Mon May 17, 2010 5:22 pm GMT
I've got nothing against good, educated, honest, well-behaved foreign workers, but those who drink, don't speak English and beg for money sleeping on streets should be sent back to Central Europe /Eastern Europe or whatever their nationality is.
Frederick   Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm GMT
I bet the poster of this thread is/was an American to try to quarrel with his own ignorance. In the U.K. or Europe we treat our immigrants far better than the Americans. There may be some people in my country who dislike foreigners but that's okay...diversity is better. However, we contribute more to foreigner's well-being than the U.S. will ever do. Food for thought.

U.K / Europe
we give them Unions
health care
guest-worker programme
35 hours or so the weekday.
tolerant/welcoming

U.S. Americans:
no Unions
no Healthcare
65 plus weekday
no guest-worker programme
antagonism/xenophobia
Person   Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm GMT
>>Its a sure bet that person has never visited a single one of the countries he just mentioned or spoke to more than a handful of different nationalities.

Trying to claim that everyone shares nation wide views of where they would like to live is extremely naive.<<

I said that magic word "many", not "everyone" and I was in many countries and worked in multi-cultural society where everyone tries to be "correct" but in reality hates each other, that's a normal reaction in unknown environment.

There are also people who go to America, and join American Army, why not, everyone can betray his native country or nationlaity or "change" it, the other thing if natives really like such people and if they really can become part of the society they want to belong to so much.
Dutch Queen   Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 pm GMT
Great Britain is poor, it is a new pig: PIIGGS,
one G for Greece, one for GB.
Lol   Wed May 19, 2010 10:15 am GMT
<< have to come and live off our backs >>
>>Actually is the other way around. British history is full of looting, killings and all kinds of abuses on just about any other nation in the world.
If Britain was left to survive from what it produces, people would be starving.
That's why their economy basically consists of stealing natural resources and financial assets from other countries (Nigeria, Gulf of Mexico and a long etc) so British citizens can go on with their lazy, parasitic existence.<<

Ain't that the reality of it!
Lazy   Wed May 19, 2010 11:47 am GMT
So lazy that we have the longest working hours and fewest public holidays in Europe.