Is Kurdish language related to Sumerian

hi   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm GMT
Do you know anything on this subject?
Franco   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 pm GMT
Kurdish is is an IE language and Sumerian is of unknown origin, but I guess it is semitic.
holm   Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:36 pm GMT
< Kurdish is is an IE language and Sumerian is of unknown origin, but I guess it is semitic. >

ancient semitic tribes borrowed the written sumerian as their written language, as like as the germanic tribes borrowed the written latin as their written language in middle age.
mummra   Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:29 pm GMT
No one knows much about the Sumerian roots. But given the fairly large amount of writing recovered, and given that the majority believes it is a language isolate, it is unlikely that it is semitic.

Clearly it is an alien language. The aliens came down to earth in 3500 BC and brought civilisation to earth. The primitive humans learned how to write, build chariots, and so on and so forth.
latino   Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 pm GMT
hi

I like more the history that the linguistics and from this point of view:

I believe that the Kurds come of Urartu and his influences would be Asirians and Hittites.

A mi me gusta mas la historia que la linguistica , y desde ese punto de vista creo que podemos remontar el origen de los Kurdos al gran reino de Urartu.
Desde ese punto de vista estarĂ­an mas influenciados por los asirios e hititas.
low   Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 pm GMT
Sumerian was not an IE language and not a semitic language either. It was more likely a caucasian language. Kurdish like Persian are IE and both in the same Indo-iranian branch.
Europa   Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 pm GMT
Yes, it was either a language isolate or what the person above said. I thought it was Semitic too, but I think the first significant Semitic language in Mesopotamia was Akkadian, which conquered the Sumerian city states. But I know Turks like to claim some connection to it to make it look like they were at the beginning of civilizaiton, but it isn't well supported academically. There is another slightly more possible connection that it was related to Dravidian, or the basis of languages of South India and the indigenous occupants of the subcontinent before the arrival of the Aryans from the north.
Franco   Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:49 pm GMT
If the Sumerians spoke a Caucasian language then the Spaniards may be linked to them because there was another Iberia in Caucasus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Iberia
Sargon   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 pm GMT
I have heard of the theory that extraterrestrial visitors came to earth to give people technology to build things like the pyramids, and even gave them a type of ancient flying machine. It's a bit of a stretch. They'll put anything on the History Channel these days.

And that Iberia has nothing to do with the one Spain is in. If you check the etymology on that wiki page, it's totally different.
Franco   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 pm GMT
etymologies are really unknown in both cases. Also some linguists consider that Basque and Caucasian tongues are related. During the Middle Ages there were even Caucasian noblement that visited Spain to meet their Western "cousins" according to them. Interesting, isn't it?
Franco   Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:49 am GMT
According to some theories Caucasian Iberian derives from "Hber", which at the same time stems from "Sver", which means Georgian in Georgian languages like Armenian . Iberia comes from "Iber", but we don't know the meaning so far, probably it is related to "Hber". Rsearchs about ties between Basque , Iberian and Caucasian languages surely will give many surprises in the future.
James   Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 am GMT
Oh, okay cool. So Spaniards perhaps come from the Middle East then. It could just be a coincidence, but who knows.
dark fRanco   Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 am GMT
Oh, okay cool. So Spaniards perhaps come from the Middle East then. It could just be a coincidence, but who knows.

that's why they're so dark ajajajajaja
Franco   Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 pm GMT
Sumeria was the craddle of civilization, and the Spaniards are related to the Sumerians.
opinion   Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:20 pm GMT
Kurdish is related to English (both are Indoeuropean languages):
English-dark,Kurdish-tarik,
E. evening-K. evari
E. name-K. nav