Celtic Languages

PARISIEN   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 pm GMT
Je suis pute. Pute sans morales, ainsi!
Jordan   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm GMT
Et je te suce le foutre. :D
mummra   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:17 pm GMT
Trojan, we don't know who the trojans were, but you're probably right in thinking they are some sort of non-greek Ie peoples. Experts suspect they were luwian, but Homer has them speak the same language and worship the same gods, though that may well be an artificial construct to ease narration.

Aeneas did not found rome, i never said that, and I agree that the Aeneid is Roman propaganda.

I doubt the Romans weren't aware of some connection with their language and Greek, there are too many similarities-maybe not in vocabulary, but the grammar is very similar.

But then again we don't know for sure what they thought regarding language relationships in those days, we can only speculate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_studies
Francw   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 pm GMT
Trecwm ystedd da pwllfegiog wrmyor simbilyn dwellog aber priddni!
Jordan >.<   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 am GMT
You stole my name. Not cool, buddy. I suppose I'll post by a different name now.

I think the coolest thing about Celtic languages is that they're different, yet they still exist (some by a thread).
minstrel   Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:49 pm GMT
Leasnam,
> One can find similarities between Romance-Germanic-Slavic languages pretty eath, yet Celtic languages are like from a different planet. <

The placename "Dubris" (Dover) seems to like a Germanic word.