French vs Italian cinema

they'rt (they+art)   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 pm GMT
Wow! I hadn't known Del Torro was in fact Mexican. I was thinking he was Spanish for some reason.
rep   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 pm GMT
<<Paul Verhoven gave the Dutch great hopes, but Dutch cinema has collapsed ever since. >>
What about Jan de Bont?
Rutger Hauer,Famke Janssen,Jeroen Krabbe ,Jean Paul Van Damme are worldwide known actors.
PARISIEN   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 pm GMT
>> What about the Walloon Dardenne Brothers. They're also of significance. One of the few people making me call myself a Belgian. <<

-- Trois de mes films préférés ont été faits par un Flamand, André Delvaux, dans les années 60-70:
. Un Soir un Train (De trein der Tragheid)
. L'homme au Crâne Rasé (De man die zijn haar kort liet knippen)
. Le Rendez-Vous de Bray

I also very much love the late Eric Rohmer's films, but they were probably much too specifically French for foreign audiences.

Il cinema italiano era favoloso negli anni 50 e le prime anni 60 (Rossellini, De Sica, Fellini, Visconti, e tanti altri) ma ormai ne sopravvive quasi più nulla.
Yankee   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm GMT
"Pauline à la plage" est un de mes films préférés!
Franco   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 pm GMT
The most famous French films in Spain :

Le Gendarme de Saint-Tropez
Les Visiteurs
Astérix et Obélix contre César
crunch   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:25 am GMT
<<Las peliculas de Almodovar son muy conocidas en mi pais >>

<<Everyone knows Almodovar ,>>

Yes, and what an embarrassment he is. You should be ashamed at producing such repugnant, spineless, tranny-loving, depraved garbage.
Franco   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:33 am GMT
I'm not fan of Almodovar but some of his movies are watchable . For example "women on the verge of a nervous breackdown" is quite entertaining.
Blanchetti   Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:49 pm GMT
Italy was great in the 50s, France -- in the 60s and even 70s.

But Italian cinema is nearly dead today. Most of the recent films that I saw was garbage rather than art, with very few exceptions.

French cinema is certainly in a better shape. They still got their artsy films (not so sure about Art, though), and even tolerable mainstream.
Parklyfe   Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm GMT
Fantozzi is the best!