Arabic language

Es   Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm GMT
Dear friends, I want to learn Arabic, a fascinating language!

Should I learn Standard Arabic or one of dialects?

many thanks for your help!
olasz   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:35 am GMT
Classical Arabic is stunning! Arabic grammar is highly sophisticated, very interesting indeed...
Irony   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:59 am GMT
Anyone who finds grammar interesting needs to reassess their life.

As for learning Arabic......why?
Who would want to converse with an Arab?
crunch   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:59 am GMT
<<Classical Arabic is stunning! Arabic grammar is highly sophisticated, very interesting indeed..>>

But still, it's only Arabic... The words "sand", "Allah", "Koran" and "sand" just about sum up everything it has to offer.. Even the much hyped Dubai is a Potyomkin's village - drunken, thoughtless extravagance all for show.
Choose a more original   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am GMT
>>The words "sand", "Allah", "Koran" and "sand" just about sum up everything it has to offer..

There is one more: camel...
olasz   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 am GMT
Anyone who finds grammar interesting needs to reassess their life

I know you're a closed-minded person, but you should know that tastes differ....
closed mindedness   Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am GMT
i think olasz once said he was gay on here. it might explain it, and his fascination with hungarian too lol. i mean how much time can you spend caring about the sound of a language
mummra   Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:25 pm GMT
"As for learning Arabic......why?
Who would want to converse with an Arab?"

Well Irony, I guess some reasons spring to mind:

1. you want to learn how to make bombs
2. you want to learn how to take hostages
3. you want to learn to decapitate kafir live
4. you want to stone adulterers to death
5. you want to hold to the highest esteem a man who waged many wars, killed tens of thousands of people in the process, married a dozen or so different women, many of them 12 year olds, destroyed statues of historical value, you name it.

I could post 1001 other idiotic reasons, but you get my drift.
édes   Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm GMT
mummra
avevo capito benissimo, sei proprio uno stronzetto....
Baldewin   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm GMT
A reason to learn Arabic is to spread propaganda for the sake of rationality and modern science. To ridicule Islam and troll Saudi forums with different IPs. To hit on Muslim chicks impressing them with your knowledge of the Holy Language of their Book. To become a master in camel herding... And so on.
wert   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:20 pm GMT
Why are you on this Forum? Are you interested in languages or are you all just supporters of the right wing propaganda? I have never known a rightist scholar, apart from Hitler's comrade Goebbels, after all
Franco   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:25 pm GMT
Scholars are most of them right wing supporters because they accept reality and facts. Left-wing people often use wishful thinking and put their own ideology above facts and reality. For example if a scientist discovers that blacks are less inteligent than whites, a left winger will say it is not true, no matter the evidences that prove it, just because their ideology says everybody are equal. Artists, story tellers, actors, clowns and other people who work in circuses and people in general who use fantasy as their main worktool are left wing, but those who have to study facts and understand their causes are right wing.
Royoumey   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:26 pm GMT
Arabic is ugly, it sounds like pigs being put on barbecue alive.
poiu   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm GMT
ARabic is a wonderful language! Wash your empty brain with fresh water bunch of racist idiots
Danielle   Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:31 pm GMT
Arabic is for arable farms
Peasantry!