QUICLY HELP ME...

Sarah   Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:27 am GMT
Please help me about this because I have test at 4 clock today.
What are the mistakes in this sentence (Because many hurricanes are accompained by a tornadoes in the surrounding areas,destruction often extends far beyondcoastel areas)
It is grammatical mistake, just one wrote in my book .but if u find more give me...............please quicklyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..
Uriel   Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:36 am GMT
Well, you have a bunch of spelling mistakes and there should be no "a" between by and tornadoes.
Sarah   Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:54 am GMT
Can I say SO instead of Because,My teacher said that.???
Sarah   Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:57 am GMT
Also add that before (distruction) as a result.
Uriel   Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:38 am GMT
You can say, "Because many hurricanes are accompanied by tornadoes in the surrounding areas, my teacher said that destruction often extends far beyond coastal areas."

No "so", no "because". You already have "because" as your first word, and you only need ONE conditional (which is what "because" is), so you cannot add "so".

If you wanted to use "so", you would have to get rid of "because":

"Many hurricanes are accompanied by tornadoes in the surrounding areas,so destruction often extends far beyond coastal areas."

Just a note: I would advise you to drop "in the surrounding areas" -- it sounds clunky to use "areas" twice in one sentence. And you don't need that phrase anyway -- "Because many hurricanes are accompanied by tornadoes, my teacher said that destruction often extends far beyond coastal areas" sounds a lot better.
Sarah   Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:16 am GMT
Uriel,
I would love to thank uoy so much ,you are very great friend .;) You give me a big favor ,and I apperciate . I'll not forget it.....
You are the only one answer my voice!!!!(I hpoe this idiom is correct)!!! ......What can I say !!!!All the word can not give yoUr place...
YOU are very very nice ,UOY(this U like your name) were and still help me if I need somthing................All this nice from U....

<< Please forgive me to if I said or wrote somthing wrong in the meaning or in the spelling >>

Faithfully,
Sarah   Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:26 am GMT
By the way Uriel, I made my exam ,and I hope I can get good grade .It was a grammer test.Although I didn't see your last reply ,but I thank u again.
When i said <my teacher said that > I mean that my own teacher in the unvi said it..And the context above I copy from my book exactly in the meaning ,but mybe i had some mistake in the writing --I confirm--.
But anyway THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU;)
Uriel   Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:52 pm GMT
You're welcome! Good luck in your studies.