British spelling in the US constitution

Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 am GMT
>>Warum kannst du nicht jetzt einfach bitte sterben?<<

Moderater now the imposter is sending me death threats.

Warum sterben Sie zuerst nicht?
Uriel   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:07 am GMT
Now Travis accused me of rape! ;-( You bastard!
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:07 am GMT
>>Ja, der imitiert Travis korrigierte sein eigenes Deutsch da.<<

Du weißt kein Deutsch, wie das wäre, "der imitiertE Travis"; du kopiertest das Wort "imitiert" aus einem deutschen Wörterbuch und klebtest einfach es, ohne es zu deklinieren.
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 am GMT
>>Warum sterben Sie zuerst nicht?<<

Weil ich kein Troll zum Unterschied von dir bin.
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 am GMT
>>Du weißt kein Deutsch, wie das wäre, "der imitiertE Travis"; du kopiertest das Wort "imitiert" aus einem deutschen Wörterbuch und klebtest einfach es, ohne es zu deklinieren. <<

I do not speak German. The troll is indeed really Johannes.
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:11 am GMT
>>Weil ich kein Troll zum Unterschied von dir bin. <<

Ich bin kein Troll. Sie sind der Troll
Johannes   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:13 am GMT
I only asked for sex from you travis not this!
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:14 am GMT
>>I do not speak German. The troll is indeed really Johannes.<<

Als ob ich etwas glauben würde, das du sagen würdest.
Travis   Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:15 am GMT
>>Ich bin kein Troll. Sie sind der Troll<<

LOL.
Guest   Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:54 pm GMT
The Great Noah Webster

>>We owe a great deal of gratitude to Mr. Noah Webster who organized his first American dictionary in 1806. He changed British English on his own accord without the consent of anyone. He took the "our" of "colour" and changed it to "color" and other words having "our." He changed "plough" to "plow," "cheque" to "check," along with other changes. Frontier Americans added Indian words, immigrants from all over the world contributed their share. American English has made many changes over the years and continues to change. New meanings are arriving daily as new technologies are devised. My word processor still does not recognize "fax" as a word. My large dictionary of 1992 does not contain "Internet." We live in a rapidly changing world and it is up to us to accept those changes and continue to grow with them.<<

http://www.paulnoll.com/China/Teach/English-discussion-4.html
Bill   Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:35 pm GMT
British spellings in the U.S. Constitution include "defence" and "labour".
At that time, spelling in the U.S. had not been standardized yet.
In the first sentence of the constitution, it says:
"provide for the common defence".

See: http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
zaid   Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:29 am GMT
hi im zaid n u can contact me at zaidmasudi@rediff.com
Fredrik from Norway   Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:20 pm GMT
LOL, funny to see how upset some peole get over the fact there is British spelling in the American constitution!
The Norwegian constitution, written in 1814 and greatly inpsired by the American one, was written in perfect Danish and amendments to the consitution are still written in pseudo-Danish!
euro all the way   Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:23 am GMT
<<LOL, funny to see how upset some peole get over the fact there is British spelling in the American constitution!>>

We europeans do not posses the american complex! we are also educated enough to know when to get offended and when not!

<<The Norwegian constitution, written in 1814 and greatly inpsired by the American one, was written in perfect Danish and amendments to the consitution are still written in pseudo-Danish! >>

Best to scream and get offended Fredrik ;) claim victimhood status and rant about superior/unpolite/stupid/ fellow europeans pointing it out? these yanks are a special breed all right..
Guest   Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:30 am GMT
Damned if you say anything, damned if you don't