Please, correct my mistakes!

Beginner   Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:14 pm GMT
hi, I've tried to translate myself a text from French into English, but I'm a beginner and need your help. So, please, could you correct my mistakes!
Thanks
Here's the text :

Hello ! My name’s Margot Douceline and I’m going to tell you the most frightening story you’ve ever heard.

31st October 1982 : All the family gathered for a sacrifice. Uncle Joseph holded Emily and got closer to the well.
All the family started to dance and suddenly, uncle Joseph throwed Emily in the well.
I asked my mother, Elisabeth – Why? – She answered : “We didn’t have much choice dear, if we didn’t do this, we’d only have trouble with her.”

02nd November 1982 : My dad Bob and my mom Elisabeth have forbidden us to go out so that we couldn’t help Emily to go out of the well.

09th November 1982 : We finally been able to go out. And I’ ve hurried up to slip on my shoes for quickly go and see if Emily has survived after seven days.
I’ve dreaded what I would find.
First I was surprised to see Emily’s hair, and then suddenly her eyes fixed me.
I’ve turned around to catch the rope and when I wanted to throw it to her she has disappeared.
Pravi   Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:48 pm GMT
Beginner ,

Here's your new version of the story :)

Hello! My name is Margot Douceline and I’ll tell you the most frightening story you’ve ever heard.

31st October 1982: The family gathered for a sacrifice. Uncle Joseph held Emily and got closer to the well.
All the members in the family started to dance and suddenly, Uncle Joseph threw Emily into the well.
I asked my mother, Elisabeth – Why?
She answered: “We didn’t have much choice dear; if we didn’t do this, we’d only have trouble with her.”

02nd November 1982: My dad Bob and my mom Elisabeth had forbidden us to go out, so that we shouldn’t help Emily get out of the well.

09th November 1982: Finally, we were able to go out; I hurried to slip on my shoes to quickly go and see if Emily had survived after seven days.
I dreaded as what I would find.
First, I was surprised to see Emily’s hair and then suddenly her eyes fixed me.
I turned around to find a rope and when I wanted to throw it at her, she had disappeared.

(I still wonder how the difference between 31st October 1982 and 09th Nov 1982 , seven days? ::))

Beginner,
This is interesting. Why don you continue?

Cheers,
Pravi
United Statesian   Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:33 am GMT
"I dreaded as what ..." -> "I dreaded what ..."

"her eyes fixed me." -> "her eyes looked at/fixated on/stared at/etc. me."

There may be a few punctuation errors here and there (at least by US conventions).
Beginner   Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:15 am GMT
Thanks a lot Pravi for your help!
It's not the whole text, I'm gonna post the end later. I didn't post it 'cause I didn't finish the translation yet and I must admit that for me it's not very easy but I'll try.
Thanks again
Pravi   Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:46 pm GMT
United Statesian,

'Her eyes fixed me' is not her eyes were fixed on me or whatever you say. It means, 'Looking at her eyes, I was fixed in place' (Immovable).
(It is understood as per YOUR perception)

I dreaded as what I would see is, I feared as what I would see. I understand that it gives a meaning even without the usage of 'as'. But, consider it a story and not a sentence of practical usage.

<<There may be a few punctuation errors here and there>>
‘There may be’?? Or ‘There are’????

Thanks for your corrections as per US conventions. :)

Beginner,

I'll wait for your post. I understand that it is not an easy task.
My wishes for your quick completion.

Cheers,
Pravi