Participants's Solutions

Sarah   Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:41 pm GMT
I am an English Student .I learning a lot of grammars, new words, the requests, the directions ,etc.
But I have some problems. May you help me?
I LOVE ENGLSH LANGUAGE SO MUCH,on the other hand I tire of a long act.I have lots of things in my mind to do to be the best in my class and others.
First of all let's discuss this point,
1)In Grammar, I forget the usage of some of them and also I couldn't agree or understand with my teacher about the correct place of them ,because she has a BC degree ,so that we (whose students) think that she is correct whatever reality is wrong .
May you wondering .!!We studies a book which called Mosaic 1 and Its authers are Particia k.Werner\Lou Spaventa ,It is so big and heavy more than you can imagine ..!!It has lots of exercises .I get the main idea about the usage of them in their class ,but after a day I lost them :(

How can I keep them and their uses in my mind even after 1000 years :)?

((Forgive me for these bore questions,any way ,I hope you advice me .( please any one pick mistakes in my post if are in grammar ,spelling,etc wake me up to them.))

ALL THANK FOR YOUR REACTIONS.
Ben   Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 pm GMT
Here's a revised edition:

I am an English Student. I am always learning a lot of grammar, new words, directions, and questions. However, I have some problems. Can you help me?

I love the English language a lot, but it is hard work to keep studying it. I am very competitive and am determinded to be the best in my class.

Firs of all, let's discuss this point:
1) I tend to forget particular grammar points. When my teacher and I disagree on certain grammar points, everyone in the class takes her word over mine because she has a degree, but sometimes she is wrong.

In class we study a book called 'Mosaic 1' and its authors are Patricia K.Werner and Lou Spaventa. It is bigger and heavier than you could every imagine!! It contains lots of exercise, and I understand most of the grammer rules talked about in the book, but I have a problem remembering them.

How can I remember all these rules? Is there a good method anyone could recommend?

(Forgive me for these boring questions. Anyway, I hope you can help. )

Regards,

Ben.
Ben   Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:29 pm GMT
Concerning advice:

I think the best way to remember grammar rules when learning any language is to put them into use as much and as often as possible. Try gramatically-complicated sentence structures out on your teacher, or any nativer speakers you know, who can then suggest improvements. Talk to people in English as much as possible. Listen to the radio in English.

From personal experience, I think that to remember complicated grammar rules, you really have to be interested in grammar. I am a grammar freak! I love finding out all the little nuances and gramatical differences in foreign languages. Ovbiously everyone isn't going to be like that, so you need to adapt your learning techniques to take acount of that. Try doing half an hour a day on grammar, going over points many times to keep refreshing your memories of them.

Good luck !

Ben.
Sarah   Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:00 am GMT
Ben,Thank you for the correction and advice.
My point is that I face some exercises which are complicated so I hesitate what is the proper grammar in this one ..!!In the class I was understand because the exercises that we take are easy but when I go home and I want to do my homework I could not do them correct.!!
If you are a grammar freak ,you can help me ,don't you?
This is the first time I know some one a grammar freak <:(