How can I learn French ?

Franco   Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:39 am GMT
If you're going to learn French first I suggest you be the kind of person who likes to never admit they're wrong, even though it's obvious that your deluded. Also I suggest you get used to hating people. You must get into a hateful state before you go out onto the street so that you will fit in. You must act with rage or people will think you're strange. You must treat women as animals, or even the women wont respect you.
Eric   Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 am GMT
I would go further than Franco: actually you can't because we are extra-terrestrial aliens, not mankind members. Therefore, it's impossible, unless you go through a very painfull process of DNA recombination, to be able to speak French.
Devin   Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:56 pm GMT
Wow, you do know that not all french people are like that. I live in quebec and well we live side by side with the english and we treat each other the same. I am french and that is what I'll talk to others at work and when someone is english they will respond in english and I will respond back in french. In quebec we have an understanding that we live together but we will give attitude to the US cause well nobody like the american because they are croseurs.
greg   Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:10 pm GMT
Franco : « If you're going to learn French first I suggest you be the kind of person who likes to never admit they're wrong, even though it's obvious that your deluded. Also I suggest you get used to hating people. You must get into a hateful state before you go out onto the street so that you will fit in. You must act with rage or people will think you're strange. You must treat women as animals, or even the women wont respect you. »

Et moi je te suggère de prendre tes cachets et d'aller faire dodo.
greg   Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 pm GMT
<<Wow, you do know that not all french people are like that. I live in quebec and well we live side by side with the english and we treat each other the same. I am french and that is what I'll talk to others at work and when someone is english they will respond in english and I will respond back in french. In quebec we have an understanding that we live together but we will give attitude to the US cause well nobody like the american because they are croseurs. >>

Et toi Devin? Pense che est un foe.
Geoff_One   Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:16 am GMT
<< Et moi je te suggère de prendre tes cachets et d'aller faire dodo. >>

What are these two words:

a. cachets ?

b. dodo - Is this the extinct dodo bird?
Guest   Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:48 am GMT
"cachets" = pills
"faire dodo" = go to sleep, but it's kind of baby talk, like "go nighty-night"
Guest   Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:54 am GMT
"Cachets" and "Faire dodo" are Cajun French terms.
Eric   Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 am GMT
<<"Cachets" and "Faire dodo" are Cajun French terms.>>

Not just Cajun then. We have them here in France.
Devin   Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:38 pm GMT
We also have them in Quebec