American vs British style of writing dates

Damian in Edinburgh   Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:33 pm GMT
**wigs and short pants? Bellbottoms? Bearskins?**

Short pants and bell bottoms are so not fashionable right now and I dinnae need a wig so I'll settle for just a bearskin...I'd look great walking down Rose Street a wee bit later posing as a Coldstream....with the emphasis on the cold bit.
Uriel   Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:50 pm GMT
Not the season WE'RE in -- the season the date was referring to!

How you arrange the dates does color how you think. I remember Kirk and I discussing this once, and we agreed: the month is often the most relevant part of the information for us, or at least the part that helps us set the scene, so to speak.
Guest   Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:28 pm GMT
Talking about simplifying things. You spelt colour wrong Uriel.
euro   Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm GMT
<the month is often the most relevant part of the information for us,>

bullshit, that just an imature way of just justifying a primitive and outdated British date system .

grow up !
Guest   Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 pm GMT
>>Talking about simplifying things. You spelt colour wrong Uriel. <<

LOL Uriel a good laugh is only needed for this idiot.
Uriel   Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:52 am GMT
Oh, it was more like a good yawn.
And I think this is as tall as I'm going to get, euro.
Guest   Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:05 pm GMT
If you spelt colour the correct way and "color" then there would be no need to comment. It just shows that you are the idiot who has to simplify things so as to be able to spell.
Jim   Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 am GMT
I s'pose how you arrange the dates may culler how you think. Of course, I prefer them in the European culler being that I'm ... Australian.

Either ascending or descending order seems logical to me with the "American" style seeming muxed ip.

The Japanese style ... don't they write things this way throughout East Asia? Is it the most logical? Perhaps it is: we write the time as hour, minute then second ... but we put the "a.m." or "p.m." after (the Japanese put this first) ... also we usually say things like "quater past ten". Note also that the Japanese write addresses the opposite way around too.

As for drink's improving your ability to speak a second language: from personal experience I've come to consider this to be a well established fact.
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:12 pm GMT
"culler"
Thank you. Finally someone can spell correctly.
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:23 pm GMT
Jim, are you sure you're not English. You speak English very well.
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:25 pm GMT
>Jim, are you sure you're not English. You speak English very well. <

Jim = Australia = English Speaking country = not Austria but Australia
Guest   Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:30 pm GMT
"Jim = Australia = English Speaking country = not Austria but Australia"
So English and Australians are basically the same.
Guest   Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:57 am GMT
No, Austrians and Australians are basically the same, like Nigerois and Nigerian, Iceland and Ireland, etc.
NCR   Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:00 am GMT
>>No, Austrians and Australians are basically the same, like Nigerois and Nigerian, Iceland and Ireland, etc. <<

Is this trollish behavior or plain bad geography knowledge?
Guest   Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:19 am GMT
Good geography, an even better sense for spelling.