hyperpatriotic

Donny   Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:23 pm GMT
How would you define "hyperpatroitic"?
Uriel   Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:11 pm GMT
Really, really, REALLY patriotic. Possibly in need of medication.
Adam   Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:20 pm GMT
Just like those Americans who put flags in their gardens or in their schools - and that are "Made in China."
Uriel   Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:47 pm GMT
I'm pretty sure I've never seen a flag in anyone's tomato bushes, although one might go nicely with runner beans and squash.
M56   Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:43 pm GMT
To me, it relates to those people who constantly tell me that I am anti-American if I question US foreign and domestic policy even one iota.

Myopic minds.
Guest   Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:30 am GMT
>Just like those Americans who put flags in their gardens or in their schools - and that are "Made in China." <

My Mexican penpal gave me a Mexican flag - sad though when I saw the little tag with 'Made in USA' with a printed American flag on it. So ironic.
Guest   Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:31 am GMT
Another example is when a expat British hung his 'union jack' on this house. His American neighbors were upset and contacted local authories for their neighbor's 'Anti American' stance he was making.
Guest   Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:33 am GMT
How about this:

A man was arrested for placing his state flag above the Stars and strips on the same flag pole by accident. Why is this considered a crime? It's only a flag.
Guest   Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am GMT
Meh... anything for a polemical thread.
Guest   Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:26 am GMT
>How would you define "hyperpatroitic"? <

Only in America...... only in America
M56   Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am GMT
<Guest Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am GMT
Meh... anything for a polemical thread. >

Do polemical threads make you nervous?
Guest   Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:55 am GMT
<Do polemical threads make you nervous?>

Nope, you?

But they are a childish nuisance like a kid brother you have to kick in the nuts to bring him down from his jelly bean high.
Guest   Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:03 am GMT
+A man was arrested for placing his state flag above the Stars and strips on the same flag pole by accident. Why is this considered a crime? It's only a flag.+

Asshole how dare he puts our beloved national flag below his state flag. A sign of Anti-American thinking.
Uriel   Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:24 am GMT
I seriously doubt that's an arrestable offense. But then again, how seriously do we need to take posts made by someone who cops out by posting anonymously?